KISSlicer 1.6 Beta Bug Reports

pjr

Re: KISSlicer 1.6 Beta Bug Reports

Post by pjr »

Humm

Could be too much preload; could also be under-extrusion due to over-retraction. Or insufficient filament feed.
Too much preload...
Too much preload...
Peter
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

I used the PreloadVE Wizard to print this part. The blue area printed clean and the read area printed with chatter. I used the point in the blue area right up to, but before the point in the read area to calculate the PreloadVE coefficient:
IMG_5384.JPG
Thus I used 8 mm for Best Z and the Wizard gave me a PreloadVE calculated value of 0.4:
Tuning Wizard - PreloadVE Calculated Right Before Chatter.JPG
Here's the result. In the curved part of a heart with PreloadVE of 0.4 I get under-extrusion at the seam:
IMG_5483[1].JPG
I'm seeing similar results from other people that use the PreloadVE Tuning Wizard. I could choose a Best Z of 4 mm which is right in the middle of the blue area in the picture above and get better results and I could keep iterating this till it looks just right for this particular part, but I would like to cut to the chase because I have a lot of jobs I need to print. Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone heard directly from Jonathan on the best way to pick Best Z for his Wizard's calculations?

Update: I'm going to try printing with Best Z = 4 mm (middle of the blue area) which gives me a PreloadVE = 0.2 and then try printing w/ the Experimentally Calculated PreloadVE = 0.131892 and see which gives me best results...

Update 2: The heart is a dual extrusion part and I just found out using Best Z = 8 mm clogged one of my extruders so I know using a point right up to the border of the chatter is not right.
abuharsky

Post by abuharsky »

mhackney wrote:Perhaps check your extruder to make sure the drive gear is firmly secured and clean (no plastic residue) and tensioned properly.
1) Don't worry about cracks on right part, this is because I'm using ABS at low temp (used at 230C, but on 245-255C no cracks at all).
2) Extruder gear is ok and tightened, it is clean on start, but, sometimes it "eat" some filament. This is happens only with new kisslicer with preload feature. With all other slicers, used with same filament, same hardware ans same slicing settings this is not happening.

Looks like new kisslicer makes some over-retraction at high speed(15mm/s very high for 3mm filament and 0.4 nozzle), that happen extruder to grind filament.
StrannikZet

Post by StrannikZet »

abuharsky wrote:
mhackney wrote:Perhaps check your extruder to make sure the drive gear is firmly secured and clean (no plastic residue) and tensioned properly.
1) Don't worry about cracks on right part, this is because I'm using ABS at low temp (used at 230C, but on 245-255C no cracks at all).
2) Extruder gear is ok and tightened, it is clean on start, but, sometimes it "eat" some filament. This is happens only with new kisslicer with preload feature. With all other slicers, used with same filament, same hardware ans same slicing settings this is not happening.

Looks like new kisslicer makes some over-retraction at high speed(15mm/s very high for 3mm filament and 0.4 nozzle), that happen extruder to grind filament.
For testing, I think it's better to put a gcode from a kisslicer and another slicer.
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

That's a good idea. I test Released 1.5 vs Beta 1.6 when I see issues.
abuharsky

Post by abuharsky »

StrannikZet wrote:
abuharsky wrote:

For testing, I think it's better to put a gcode from a kisslicer and another slicer.

So,
1.jpg

Kisslicer 1.5 - good print (some strings between supports, but good walls)
3.jpg
3.jpg (72.88 KiB) Viewed 2527 times

Kisslicer 1.6(2.4)
bad top part
2.jpg
2.jpg (66.58 KiB) Viewed 2527 times

Model and gcodes from 1.5 and 1.6 attached; setting are similar
Attachments
model_gcodes.zip
(1.46 MiB) Downloaded 144 times
abuharsky

Post by abuharsky »

I think that problem solved:
preload ve was calibrated at 255C, but then I changed extruder temp to 230C. So, different temps needs different preload values.
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

pjr wrote:Humm

Could be too much preload; could also be under-extrusion due to over-retraction. Or insufficient filament feed.
IMG_20170719_001159.jpg
Peter
Hi Peter, I notice black streaks in your lavender / pink tuning part. Is that remnants of another color in your Prusa 4 color multi material add on? I was hoping it was possible to completely purge the old color before starting to print with a new color; hence the reason for my question.
pjr

Post by pjr »

inventabuild wrote:
pjr wrote:Hi Peter, I notice black streaks in your lavender / pink tuning part. Is that remnants of another color in your Prusa 4 color multi material add on? I was hoping it was possible to completely purge the old color before starting to print with a new color; hence the reason for my question.
No that is pencil markings I made when I was looking at the model.

Peter
K.Miya

Post by K.Miya »

When I switched to Beta 2.4 for Mac, "selected-profiles and used-RAM are displayed left and right reversely.