still having gap issues

Bobby O'Seal

still having gap issues

Post by Bobby O'Seal »

I have tried lots of setting, and still get a gap at the start of a loop or fill.
and no change to part if I change m227 or m228 values, or I'm not changing them enough to see the diff.
prime and suck have gone from 0.00 to .15 and all over in between and the change is inconsistent. some times it clears other time not.
thanks for your help
BP
Also take a look at these gains, is this right for a Cubex trio? cant remember where I got them.
Attachments
018.jpg
018.jpg (88.02 KiB) Viewed 2955 times
017.JPG
016.JPG
015.jpg
015.jpg (113.92 KiB) Viewed 2955 times
Giovanni V.

Re: still having gap issues

Post by Giovanni V. »

Bobby O'Seal wrote:I have tried lots of setting, and still get a gap at the start of a loop or fill.
and no change to part if I change m227 or m228 values, or I'm not changing them enough to see the diff.
prime and suck have gone from 0.00 to .15 and all over in between and the change is inconsistent. some times it clears other time not.
thanks for your help
BP
Also take a look at these gains, is this right for a Cubex trio? cant remember where I got them.
Gains are OK.

Use Kisslicer 1.5 :
http://www.kisslicer.com/download.html

Use CubeItMod6.05 :
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1238

To find the right M227/228 parameters you better print simple part like described here :
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1378&start=10#p3977

Start with
M227P = 0.06
M227S = 0.02
M228P = 0
M228S = 0.01
haile_ww

Post by haile_ww »

Hi Bobby

Giovanni is the best.
I don't even understand the m227 and m228 settings. I used the default setting.
When I take a look on your print, it's bad. My cube x haven't print that bad.

I have been testing different versions of KISSlicer and CubitMod versions.
Some how I don't believe CubitMod 6.05 would be best for your print.

You will get much better print result from
KISSlicer v1.5 beta and CubitMod 4.91 combination. CubitMod 5B5 also gives you nice print.
CubitMod 6.05 prints a net like body with open intended open gaps on the surface. It didn't print solid wall for me.
haile_ww

Post by haile_ww »

Hi Bobby

Few suggestion out side of KISSlicer and CubitMod.
Before printing check the X,Y and Z axis of your printer are clean and the motion is smooth.
The sound of cube x while it prints should be pleasant, otherwise you need to apply some lubricant [proper oil ] on the axles.
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

haile_ww wrote:You will get much better print result from
KISSlicer v1.5 beta and CubitMod 4.91 combination. CubitMod 5B5 also gives you nice print.
CubitMod 6.05 prints a net like body with open intended open gaps on the surface. It didn't print solid wall for me.
CubeItMod 4.91 was developped when my Cubex was set with original voltage on the extruder's motors.
The original voltage is too low and the extruder looses steps while printing, Cubeitmod 4.91 use parameters to try to compensate this problem.

CubeItMod 6.05 was developped on my Cubex with 1.8V on the extruder's motors, with this voltage the extrusion is much more precise and there's no more needs to compensate the errors. But if you use CubeItMod6.05 on a Cubex with original voltage you get Under extrusion, like if you use CubeItMod 4.91 on a Cubex with modified voltage you get over extrusion.
rantzaus

Post by rantzaus »

Thank you Giovanni.

That's explains why my flowrate is 1.1 in 6.05 to get good prints and closed loops along the wall.

Sweet. I'm going to set the voltage 1.8V and putting a heatsink on the chip. This should result in lowering my flowrate I suppose.
Bobby O'Seal

Post by Bobby O'Seal »

:D :D :D Yeah!!! :D :D :D

I downloaded the new ver of both and am now getting great prints!!!
still cot some fine tuneing to do, but very happy so far.
thanks for all your help.
Attachments
19.jpg
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

rantzaus wrote:Thank you Giovanni.

That's explains why my flowrate is 1.1 in 6.05 to get good prints and closed loops along the wall.

Sweet. I'm going to set the voltage 1.8V and putting a heatsink on the chip. This should result in lowering my flowrate I suppose.
Yes, with 1.8V the extruder will extrude the exact length he is supposed to do and you don't need to cheat with the flowrate.
haile_ww

Post by haile_ww »

Hi

I have searched the forum on how to increase the extruder's voltage from default to 1.8V to use the latest CubitMOD 6.05.
I have found none.
From your discussion I have an impression that I might need a heat sink for the chips.
is the extruder voltage will damage the chip unless I use heat sink ?
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

haile_ww wrote:Hi

I have searched the forum on how to increase the extruder's voltage from default to 1.8V to use the latest CubitMOD 6.05.
I have found none.
From your discussion I have an impression that I might need a heat sink for the chips.
is the extruder voltage will damage the chip unless I use heat sink ?
There's a thermal protection into the chip, when it is too hot the chip cuts the power and your motor starts to click exactly the same way like when the voltage is set too low.

Into the zip file you can see what you have to do :
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=799&p=3925&hilit=voltage#p3923