Sequence of Printing Multiple Parts

pjr

Re: Sequence of Printing Multiple Parts

Post by pjr »

Hi Mitch

This is the dragon:https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2167794

Post processor attached. There are some "triggers" required in the GCode section (see the settings tab.

I really would not recommend you use it without having a good look at the GCode to make sure it's OK.

If you get a message regarding tower placement, then it hasn't found enough room on the bed.

The post process will need rewriting to cope with the future.

Peter
Attachments
PrusaPP.zip
(634.29 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
pjr

Post by pjr »

Mitch

A couple of additional things:

Mini RAMBo board; the motor current is controlled by firmware. This is increased during unloads to about 0.75A.

With regard to color mixing; the width of the waste tower can be set within the post processor (settings tab); some filaments/colours need more purging than others.

Currently the post processor will only work with a fixed layer height (excludes the first 3 layers in case a raft is used).

Peter
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

Thanks for the file Peter. How do I load it into KISSlicer? By the way I clicked on the executable and Norton said it's not safe and deleted it, LOL. I told Norton to leave it alone :)

Also, how do you like the Multi Material Mixer? Does it work well without any failures? How much material do you recommend extruding in the wipe tower to the clean out the old color?
pjr

Post by pjr »

inventabuild wrote:How do I load it into KISSlicer? By the way I clicked on the executable and Norton said it's not safe and deleted it, LOL. I told Norton to leave it alone :)
The post processor is a stand-alone executable file that can be opened and files dragged/dropped onto it, or it can be called from KISS via the Printer/Firmware tab, Post-Process, simply enter:
[File Location]Prusa.exe "<FILE>"

Run it and go to the settings tab. Make sure that the triggers (G-Code comments) match with your Printer/Printer G-code

Not surprised about your experience with Norton. That is one of the two AV programs I will not allow my clients to use.

inventabuild wrote:Also, how do you like the Multi Material Mixer? Does it work well without any failures? How much material do you recommend extruding in the wipe tower to the clean out the old color?
The SNMM (Single Nozzle Multi Material) upgrade is pretty good; it has a few disadvantages, but overall it works very well. It was very problematic to start with (beta-testing for 6 months...) but now, for me it is very reliable with very few failures (can't remember the last fail).

Generally a wipe tower width of 60mm works quite well, but there can be some colour mixing with certain colours. I will shortly be re-working it to allow different "extruders" to wipe specific values.

Peter
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

Peter,

KISSlicer stops on the extruder change in layer 3 of a dual extrusion print. It slices fine, but won't print past the middle of layer 3. Have you had any problems completing dual extrusion prints with KISSlicer?
pjr

Post by pjr »

Hi Mitch

No not a single problem.

How are you controlling the printer? PC/Octoprint/SDCard direct?

Get the GCode from the controller and upload it; I can have a quick look to see what's going on.

Peter
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

Hello Peter,

Thanks for offering to help. I had the line "M109 S<TEMP> ; sets retired extruder to Keep Warm temp, wait for it to get there" in the "Printer"/"Cool & Retire Old Ext" tab. When the 2nd extruder was not needed anymore KISSlicer set its Temp to 0 so the 2nd extruder temperature never stabilized at its Keep Warm temp; hence the printer just sat there waiting for the impossible to happen.

I removed that line of code and now my dual extrusion prints finish and come out looking nice.
pjr

Post by pjr »

Yes, I have that line commented in the GCode.

Of course it's not relevant with a single nozzle set up.

Peter
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

Olivier13 wrote:Hi
If you want pillar for each part (whatever they are), manually add your own-designed-pillar to the 3D model, then export to stl, then in KS/Extruder Map : Set "Priority" by mesh

In KS, you could try or combine the following feature :
- Sequential print
- Extruder Map : Set "Priority" by mesh
- Add part one by one + Extruder Map +/- sequential : choose mesh you want or not to be printed

Regards
Hi Olivier13, I tried all the different combinations you suggested and none of them work. KISSlicer always prints the part with the two colors first then goes to print the prime pillar I created on the side. All the combinations fail regardless whether I add the prime pillar to one of the colors of the two color part in the CAD software or add the prime pillar to KISSlicer as it's own separate part.

It will be nice when Peter gets his prime pillar post processor working as a general purpose prime pillar creation app.
pjr

Post by pjr »

inventabuild wrote:It will be nice when Peter gets his prime pillar post processor working as a general purpose prime pillar creation app.
Yeah, it will. Apologies for the delay.

Next on the list of things to do:

1. Settings to apply on a per printer basis (one set of settings for each printer)
2. Allow user-defined unload/load methods per printer.

And then I can look into producing a post-processor for other things...

Peter