stack multiple parts

Isaac_alaska

stack multiple parts

Post by Isaac_alaska »

i know this seems like a really weird request, but i'd like to see a feature to let us print multiple parts on top of each other. i'm printing rubber drive tracks out of ninja-flex, and i can only fit one at a time comfortably on the bed. what i've been doing is combining the stl's so the track is twice as wide, but if kisslicer had a check box to stack the stl's on top of each other directly, it would be really handy for me.
Davide Ardizzoia

Re: stack multiple parts

Post by Davide Ardizzoia »

...Just stacking them in your CAD modeler ?

Best Regards
Davide Ardizzoia
Isaac_alaska

Post by Isaac_alaska »

that's what i've been doing, but it's an extra couple of steps, cause you have to save as assembly and add the next part, and then save the whole assembly as a part, and then open the part and save as stl. and if you make any changes to the part you have to repeat the whole process. not too big of a deal but it might be handy for some things. (and it will be really useful when SLS printers become more common and we can pack parts in 3D!) :)
BikeJunky

Post by BikeJunky »

Can you just add another plane and then mirror or copy the part onto the plane? Seems like a faster way to stack than creating an assembly
Isaac_alaska

Post by Isaac_alaska »

mirror! that's an awesome idea. i will totally do that. thanks
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

The build isn't posted yet, but I just added rudimentary vertical stacking to KISSlicer. It was fairly easy to do (under the right-click mesh transforms sub-menu), so I just put it in. Let me do a bit of testing, then I'll release it into the wild. It's not fancy; you enter some values then it builds the modified mesh.

Jonathan