Purge problems

DrTrev99

Purge problems

Post by DrTrev99 »

I have been trying to use the CubeX with multiple colors. The printer must purge a little filament each time it switches between colors. I am having trouble with the filament being pulled out of the little box and getting placed onto my print bed sometimes getting stuck on my part. I have tried to adjust that darn thing both in height and the depth adjustment that is located in the extruder menu. Does anyone know how that wiper is supposed to work? Where is it supposed to be located? I tried to move it back and it then creates these long lines a filament which fill up the box. If I get it close to the whiper it forms a nice little ball, but then the ball often gets pulled on the print bed. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Silvood

Re: Purge problems

Post by Silvood »

I have the same problem and I noticed that in the 3D systems' promotional video, the problem appears too (with the basketball...)

I can't check it now, but I think the problem is the nozzle which is too close to the whiper. The purpose should be the have a long line which stay inside the box.