Additional infill for wall thickness

frankjoke

Additional infill for wall thickness

Post by frankjoke »

Dear all,

I have only a view things I would change on Kisslicer, one is it's way it generates thicker walls (maybe to meet wall thickness parameter) if they are going inside.
Infill picture
Infill picture
Infill to generate wall thickness.png (97.25 KiB) Viewed 1943 times
What I mean are the lightgreen and dark blue zig-zag lines.
Why cant you just generate more loops instead?
The printer is very much stressed on these zig-zag and the file size and print time is also biggger.
CraftWare Slicer
CraftWare Slicer
CraftWareSlicer same element.png (755.05 KiB) Viewed 1943 times
p.s.: This happens also on straight walls as well, I just choose this one recent file I needed to print for my wife...
PenskeGuy

Re: Additional infill for wall thickness

Post by PenskeGuy »

frankjoke wrote:What I mean are the lightgreen and dark blue zig-zag lines.
Why cant you just generate more loops instead?
Because then there would be no control over the number of Loops in a different situation. Besides, the Sparse Infill that satisfies the Wall Thickness can do so without having to complete an entire circuit that a Loop requires. IOW, it isn't a Loop unless it completes back to itself. Generating another Loop, just to satisfy Wall thickness has MANY pitfalls that you may be unaware of.
layer_at_a_time

Post by layer_at_a_time »

I'm having an issue with this as well. I don't want the quick zig zag motion the extruder has to make to lay down that line.

Is there a way to prevent that from happening? Overall I really like this slicer, but I can't see my self continuing with it if I can't control the zig zag infill.

Anything?
Isaac_alaska

Post by Isaac_alaska »

under "number of loops" set it to a sufficiently high number to achieve the wall thickness you want

note that the craftware slicer used 5 loops, while kisslicer is only set to use 3