Kisslicer installation on mac pro

Discuss general topics that don't suit another sub-forum
dadoblu_2000

Kisslicer installation on mac pro

Post by dadoblu_2000 »

Quick information, they gave me a Mac Pro with iOS Sierra 10.12.6 (16G2136) I tried to download KS, I encounter a problem during the installation, the error message tells me that the system is not supported, could you tell me which version of iOS Is it necessary or are there shortcuts that need to be taken?
pjr

Re: Kisslicer installation on mac pro

Post by pjr »

Question asked - awaiting response.

Peter

EDIT:
Apparently, that is an old OS, but it is being looked into.
dadoblu_2000

Post by dadoblu_2000 »

ok I updated a more modern version of iOS in order to make kisslicer work, but now I don't understand where the folders relating to kisslicer configurations are saved, every time I close it and restart it it asks me to insert the relevant profiles and I have to reconfigure everything again, any ideas to suggest?
pjr

Post by pjr »

Hi. Sorry for the late reply.

This is the answer I have received:
The profiles are behave the same-ish way they do on Windows...in folders right next to the executable. But on Mac the executable is in an "app bundle", which is actually just a folder structure.

So in the same directory where the kisslicer.app is found, you should also find the _profiles subdirectories.

You can also start KISSlicer with a command line option -inidir "directory", if you want to specify where you put them.
This lets you use different sets of profiles
Peter