Crowning who can explain to me how it works?

dadoblu_2000

Crowning who can explain to me how it works?

Post by dadoblu_2000 »

I'm trying to do various tests but I can't figure out which operation is active or inactive by setting the values, I would like to try to produce single extrusions between the perimeters as it allows you to simplify3d but I can't configure!!
Min Length mm--> what does it regulate?
Min Depth mm--> what does it regulate?
Min Fraction--> what does it rule?
Max Fraction--> what does it rule?

in the circled parts I would like the extrusion of the material to be carried out as a single extrusion or at most a double pass, but it indicates a very thin extrusion!

in addition, why if I try to translate the various fields with the explanations in the text file the entries of Mi dept, Min Fraction and Max Fraction are not inserted?

it would be formidable to have a graphic explanation that makes you understand at first glance what is being configured a bit like Chitubox allows you to do it
Thank you
Attachments
kisslicer2305-crowning.png
kisslicer2305-crowning.png (213.67 KiB) Viewed 748 times
pjr

Re: Crowning who can explain to me how it works?

Post by pjr »

As far as I understand crowning (and I am aware that a lot of work was done on this recently, due to a few faults)... This may explain why translation is not happening.

It also looks as though the English tool tips are incorrect for both "Fraction" settings.

Min Length is the minimum length of the crowning path. Anything less than this will not be printed.

Min Depth is the minimum distance from the perimeter to allow a crowning path to be printed.

Min/Max fraction - this is the min/max width of the crown path, expressed as a fraction of the extrusion width, so a Min Fraction of 0.25 would only generate a crown path of 0.1mm or greater when extrusion width is set to 0.4mm.

FWIW, my settings are:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (16.87 KiB) Viewed 747 times
Peter
Oleg

Post by Oleg »

In what cases should Min Depth greater than 0 be used? I always use Min Depth=0.
dadoblu_2000

Post by dadoblu_2000 »

pjr wrote: 15 May 2023, 12:33 As far as I understand crowning (and I am aware that a lot of work was done on this recently, due to a few faults)... This may explain why translation is not happening.

It also looks as though the English tool tips are incorrect for both "Fraction" settings.

Min Length is the minimum length of the crowning path. Anything less than this will not be printed.

Min Depth is the minimum distance from the perimeter to allow a crowning path to be printed.

Min/Max fraction - this is the min/max width of the crown path, expressed as a fraction of the extrusion width, so a Min Fraction of 0.25 would only generate a crown path of 0.1mm or greater when extrusion width is set to 0.4mm.

FWIW, my settings are:

Capture.JPG

Peter
Thanks Peter, tomorrow I'll try to print again
pjr

Post by pjr »

Oleg wrote: 15 May 2023, 13:38 In what cases should Min Depth greater than 0 be used? I always use Min Depth=0.
You don't always want a crown path outside a perimeter.

Consider multi-tool use; with certain tool selection, the Kisslicer logo model, the upright of the "K" causes crowning outside the base perimeter. Not a good look.

One of the faults recently fixed was when some crown paths were printed with an incorrect tool. Looked bad when the crown path was outside the perimeter - specks of wrong colour...

Peter
3Drasle

Post by 3Drasle »

pjr wrote: 15 May 2023, 12:33 Min Length is the minimum length of the crowning path. Anything less than this will not be printed.

FWIW, my settings are:

Peter
Thank You Peter, I was having a hard time figuring this out :D

Best Regards
Michael