Loop / Solid Infill Overlap

Oleg

Loop / Solid Infill Overlap

Post by Oleg »

Hi!
It is very necessary to adjust "Loop / Solid Infill Overlap" separately for solid and sparce infil.
Current versions have too much space between sparse infill and loops. It is more than space between solid infill and loops, and should be the other way around.
A separate adjust will solve all the problems.

Also, the space between the sparse infill and loops does not depend on the width of the extrusion for sparse infill, which is not correct. Need to fix.

Thank you in advance.
pjr

Re: Loop / Solid Infill Overlap

Post by pjr »

Thanks. Will pass on your comments.

Peter

EDIT: On the "ToDo" list to look at. It will not be included in 23.05, but maybe a later release.
Oleg

Post by Oleg »

Сrowning min/max fraction is what was needed! Thank you!
One more improvement I want to propose: Make adjusting for the minimum extrusion path for sparse infill (similar to the min Length for crowning). Sometimes kisslicer generates many small paths that steal printing time.
Attachments
kisslicer1.JPG
kisslicer1.JPG (64.1 KiB) Viewed 1070 times
Oleg

Post by Oleg »

Peter, I want to add some pictures about Loop / Solid Infill Overlap? beacause it problem very imorted.
This is slicing with Loop / Solid Infill Overlap=0. The first picture is a solid infill - everything is fine. The second picture is a sparce infill - it does not reach the loop.
If i increase Loop / Solid Infill Overlap so that the sparce infill reaches the loop, then the solid infill will overlap the loop too much.
Also, if we reduce the width of the extrusion for sparce infill, then we see in picture 3 that the gap has become even larger.
Attachments
kisslicer2.JPG
kisslicer2.JPG (15.74 KiB) Viewed 1068 times
kisslicer3.JPG
kisslicer3.JPG (19.68 KiB) Viewed 1068 times
kisslicer4.JPG
kisslicer4.JPG (21.48 KiB) Viewed 1068 times
pjr

Post by pjr »

OK, thanks. Will pass this on as well

Peter