KISSlicer and KisslicerTalk Update

pjr

KISSlicer and KisslicerTalk Update

Post by pjr »

Firstly, apologies the forum has been down for so long.

We had to update phpBB as the php version was incompatible and we are now back online.

Just to keep you all updated, there was a new V2 release recently which includes a whole load of updates.

Please be assured that KISSlicer is alive and well and is being worked on consistently.

Thanks for your patience.

Peter
Garry Bartsch

Re: KISSlicer and KisslicerTalk Update

Post by Garry Bartsch »

Wow! I'm so glad to see this news. I'll downloaded and try it right away. I had really given KISSlicer up for dead and am using SuperSlicer but will resume work with my old favorite in addition. What a great day!! Thank you Jonathan.
"And when people stop caring, that's when crime breeds, and criminals take over." Beavis
blavajones

Post by blavajones »

Thank you for updating and opening it to new users.
pjr

Post by pjr »

blavajones wrote: 22 Dec 2022, 14:47 Thank you for updating and opening it to new users.
We really are sorry it took so long.

And thank you for posting :)

Peter
Dorje

Post by Dorje »

This is most excellent news!

Kiss is by far the best slicer out there.
I understand the reasoning for the new UI, but I have to admit, I liked the old one a bit better ;)

But this is a small thing for being able to use it again.
malcinator

Post by malcinator »

This is exciting indeed.

I agree that KISSlicer is one of the best Slicers.

I also have to agree that the UI was easier to navigate in the older versions. I guess it will just take time to remember where the various settings have moved too.

Great start to 2023!
dadoblu_2000

Post by dadoblu_2000 »

It is a real Christmas gift the two slicers that I used more have not been updated for a long time, today I entered the web page to see the state of the progress of the works and with great pleasure I found the new version, I immediately downloaded and I try with Much happiness, I hope the Facebook page is also updated ...
pjr

Post by pjr »

Yes, the new layout is different, but it won't take long to get used to.

It also has one major advantage. Any new features (and there will be a few) will be much easier for Jonathan to implement and for you to find in the drop-down menus.

The old format was very limiting in where settings could be placed/displayed.

Peter
dadoblu_2000

Post by dadoblu_2000 »

Peter can be created personalized skins to be interfved to Kisslicer, I thought of customizations as for the Mach3 mechanical processing program, or to be able to customize or integrate icons that can facilitate reading, mine is just an idea. ;)
pjr

Post by pjr »

dadoblu_2000 wrote: 28 Dec 2022, 03:18 Peter can be created personalized skins to be interfved to Kisslicer, I thought of customizations as for the Mach3 mechanical processing program, or to be able to customize or integrate icons that can facilitate reading, mine is just an idea. ;)
Thanks. Will pass it on.

Peter