Be Aware--Your files are stored internally!

MichaelHerron

Be Aware--Your files are stored internally!

Post by MichaelHerron »

It has just come to my knowledge that build files are internally stored (and kept) on an internal SD card on the mainboard of the CubePro printer. There is no indication on the display that these files are there, nor can you reprint them from the display.

For home/personal users this may not be a big issue. For professional users, this is. If you're a company working on a new prototype for yourself or a client, that these files are saved could be a problem!

If this is the case, Please do NOT use descriptive/company/part names when printing files to this printer!
You may also want to remove the SD Card and purge the *.cubepro files from it on a regular basis. (there are other files on this card, so don't erase it!)

I did a search, and Epop described this in another post. He suggests that the files may be used to lock down or tamper prevention. I don't believe they are there for any other reason than wifi file reception. STILL, for professional users, the existence of these files is a potential risk-- users and owners of this machine should know about them!