Having Trouble Decoding CubePro File into Readable BFB

smotethatgoat

Having Trouble Decoding CubePro File into Readable BFB

Post by smotethatgoat »

I'm using 3DSystems' CubePro v1.46 software and I want to view the gcode for a compiled build. Using the CodeX utility program (from https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic ... MuIrtn5Mfo), I can decode a .cubepro file into a .bfb file, but I cannot read it with any typical text program. I've tried Notepad, Word 2013, and Notepad++. All I see in the file are random symbols and a short section of tagged (XML?) code.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is this an issue with the CodeX decoding function? Is there method?

Thanks.
baguirre

Re: Having Trouble Decoding CubePro File into Readable BFB

Post by baguirre »

Same problem here, I can decode files only if I use CubePro v1.25
MichaelHerron

Post by MichaelHerron »

When you create the cubepro build file, do NOT hit ok after it completes the build.
In windows:
Navigate to <your user folder>/AppData/Local/CubePro.
Inside this folder, you will find a cubepro file similar to the one you asked to be created. Copy this file to your desktop or a safe location.
Decode THIS file--it should be readable.

The new software embeds a thumbnail view of your part that shows up on the display of the printer. This embedded image added to the file seems to make CodeX not able to decode properly.
smotethatgoat

Post by smotethatgoat »

MichaelHerron wrote:When you create the cubepro build file, do NOT hit ok after it completes the build.
In windows:
Navigate to <your user folder>/AppData/Local/CubePro.
Inside this folder, you will find a cubepro file similar to the one you asked to be created. Copy this file to your desktop or a safe location.
Decode THIS file--it should be readable.

The new software embeds a thumbnail view of your part that shows up on the display of the printer. This embedded image added to the file seems to make CodeX not able to decode properly.
That worked. Thanks MichaelHerron.