More extruders

Kulitorum

More extruders

Post by Kulitorum »

Can you please make the extruder count limitless?

I'm using repetier firmware and it mixes colors by use of "virtual extruders" So in eeprom I define how extruders 1-16 are printed as a mix of the physical extruders.

For my three extruders into a mixing nozzle, I'm blending colors from extruder #6-16, so they are different mixes of the three real extruders.

Please add more :)

REF: https://github.com/luc-github/Repetier- ... theory.txt
_L_B_

Re: More extruders

Post by _L_B_ »

Hello,

I also would like something like c-m-y-k + white + support, so 6 extruders would be great, BUT that makes only sense to me if the keep-warm-temperature of each material in the specific extruder is better handled when "deselected".

So something like <KeepWarmTemp+n> similar to <EXT+n> should be possible (or simply <KeepWarm> and kisslicer checks for tool number) otherwise individual temperatures get totally mixed up.

For example now when selecting an extruder for old makerbot-style g-code:
M104 S<TEMP> T<EXT+n> (set Temperature for extruder/tool)
Somehow kisslicer knows which extruder is selected and temp is always the temp of that of those 4 materials which extruder is now extruding, BUT for the tool T I still have to specify the tool with following: T<EXT+n>. This is a bit confusing anyway but works. (would be great if here also only <ext> is necessary or if <ext+n> also <temp+n>, but both equal).
When deselecting an extruder to put keep-warm temperature, there is even more workaround necessary. So best is that all this would behave same. Either I put a variable for the tool number any time or kisslicer puts the variable automatically.

(If I understood something wrong please correct).
Best, L