trying to create spiral seam

Isaac_alaska

trying to create spiral seam

Post by Isaac_alaska »

printing a rubber track, with ninjaflex, and i don't want the seam at a set angle because i don't want a weak spot in the track. however, crossing the center (with jitter set to 360) causing some stringing that i haven't been able to totally eliminate with ninja-flex yet. wondering if there's a way to make the seam spiral around, like by incrementing the start position by a few degrees every layer. not sure how useful this would be for other people, but if there's a way to do it right now i'd like to try it out.
PenskeGuy

Re: trying to create spiral seam

Post by PenskeGuy »

No way currently, it is done by random number generator, but it's a good idea.
Isaac_alaska

Post by Isaac_alaska »

How bout a checkbox for "spiral seam" and then the box where you enter seam angle is the amount in degrees that is added to each new layer start. Done this way with nothing else you would lose the ability to specify where the seam starts initially, but maybe that's ok for a spiral seam

*edit*
Forget what I just said, you would still specify the starting angle with the little dial, and the box to enter the number if degrees to scatter the seams would be used to specify number of degrees to increment each layer seam position
PenskeGuy

Post by PenskeGuy »

You'd still need a checkbox to select incremental or random.
Isaac_alaska

Post by Isaac_alaska »

that's what i was picturing in my head, guess i didn't write it out. i think we are on the same page! would be a nice feature for some prints