Found a way to get CubeitMod to work with newest Kisslicer!!

Hugues

Re: Found a way to get CubeitMod to work with newest Kisslic

Post by Hugues »

This is files with 1 in stacked function, seems ok about seep.

About Gcode, i didn't do special thing to convert it. Are you sure that your file explorer show file extension ? Your error seem something like this test.gcode.bfb, so gcodeviewer didn't find a gcode. Check your display setting.

I did 3 tests with Stack 1 / 2 / 3. It's look like speed on this part are divided by this number
Attachments
Test2.zip
(1.28 MiB) Downloaded 203 times
regards,
Hugues

www.cubexupgrade.com
jonny.m

Post by jonny.m »

Fixed.....

I found the reason: The Infillfactor for non Stacked Layers needs to be divided by the number of Stacks, because the Infill printing speed is always calculated with the same formula which contains the number of stacks in the denominator. Since CubeitMod already does differentiate between Stacked and non Stacked Infillfactor this was an easy fix.

But......

Thanks to your file I found a bug in my Speedcomparison (CubeitModV5B4). For your test you used extruder one and set the speedlimit to 48mm/s but left the speedlimit for the second material at 15mm/s. CubeitMod will only run on SafeMode with these settings. This is not as I want it since Extruder 2 isn't in use. For the moment you always have to set the Max Speed on both Extruders. Will see what I can do.
Edit: False Alarm, its only the Done Message that doesn't show correctly, the calculations stay active.

Regards,
Tobi
jonny.m

Post by jonny.m »

Hi,

could someone prepare a simple multi-extrusion object for me (best would be for 3 Extruders). Choose higher temperature for first layer and different temperatures for all Extruders (5°C in between for example). Slice & save it with Kisslicer 1.5 Beta 2.20. I only need the original File and if possible a Screenshot of the Part in Kisslicer, so I have a rough idea what I am looking at. If i can have it by tomorrow morning (Saturday, European Time.....), that would be awesome!

Thanx in advance,
Tobi
Hugues

Post by Hugues »

Hi,

Please find the file needed !

Sorry, i cannot do a screen capture, 3 finetune stl in on file for the 3 extruder.
Attachments
Fine_TuneFine_TuneFine_Tune.zip
(239.91 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
regards,
Hugues

www.cubexupgrade.com
jonny.m

Post by jonny.m »

Hi Hugues,

as discussed via PM, please find attached the version to test.

Regards,
Tobi
Attachments
CubeItModSSS_4.zip
(458.14 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
jonny.m

Post by jonny.m »

Hi Hugues,

please try this one. To everybody else: Please do not download and try this version, Hugues and me are running tests on it before we can "release" it. It has new features that need to be set correctly before they can be used (if our tests are successfull.....). I am only posting this here because I don't have a dropbox account to share the .exe files with Hugues, sorry.

Regards,
Tobi
Attachments
CubeItModSSS_6.zip
(447.32 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
joestefano

Post by joestefano »

Tobi, Here is the file and results from the SS4 version. 3 extruder printed cone. I think it printed great! I need to work on my seam, if anyone has any suggestions. I am also going to run the 3 ext separate model test tonight. Do you want me to try the new version with the same model?
Attachments
cone.zip
(611.83 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
jonny.m

Post by jonny.m »

Hi Joe

Looks good. What hot ends are you using, the stock ones ? I can't give any input on your seam, I haven't managed to adjust mine too. But looks like the Extruder used for the lowest part of the cone needs some X/Y offset adjustment. The CubeitMod Version you have used has a new function to decrease Speed for short solid paths. Luckily you set the Min Length to 0 (or below?), otherwise you would have seen veeeeeeery slow speeds for the short solid paths as your Prefix Tab is missing one new value: ShortSolidSpeed. Anyway the SSS_4 & SSS_6 Versions have some bugs, don't use them anymore. I attached the latest one.

Hugues and me tested this new function yesterday, after some bugfixing I was able to get the best solid surface so far on our printer. Its way better than before but still not perfect. I blame too high temperatures and the stock hot end for this. Will work on the temperature the next time. These are the settings in Prefix Tab I used to adjust the Solid Surface:

^Firmware:V1.07
; [mm] mode
G21
; absolute mode
G90
; Shift = 0
; HighLimit = 1.05
; Exp = 1.1
; MinLength = 6
; ShortSolidSpeed = 10

With those settings the speed for short solid paths below 6mm will be decreased to 10mm/s. You can adjust both values. I started with MinLength 8 mm and (stupidly low) ShortSolidSpeed of 2mm/s. In steps I went up to 10mm/s with improved quality each time, then I set 12mm/s and got lower quality again, so I steped back to 10mm/s. Lowering the Min Length from 8 to 6mm didn't have any bad influence. I will lower it on my next prints to see where the lower limit is. These values most likely will depend on several things like Nozzle Diameter, Layer Thickness, Material and so on.

CAUTION: Since MinLength is used for Infill calculations as well, this might have some impact on your infill-quality. I will work on a way to separate those two values with the next version. This version was only to see if it is possible at all.

If you use the new functions, please watch the printer closely while doing Solid to see if you get over or underextrusion at a specific point. Any input helps me to further improove this.

Regards,
Tobi
Attachments
CubeItModSSS_9.zip
(447.31 KiB) Downloaded 219 times
joestefano

Post by joestefano »

Hey, what happened to you guy's??? Still testing? Or is it the KS/ Cubeitmod curse.lol Let me know where we stand and if anything needs to be tested. I'm printing with the latest version and everything that I have printed is OK
jonny.m

Post by jonny.m »

Hi Joe,

I am just a bit overloaded at the moment and haven't had too much time to work on CubeItMod. The version I want to release next will keep you busy on testing new features, I promise ;)

Cheers,
Tobi