Found a way to get CubeitMod to work with newest Kisslicer!!

jonny.m

Re: Found a way to get CubeitMod to work with newest Kisslic

Post by jonny.m »

Hi Joestefano

If you like you can test the attached version. Maximum Infill an Solid are still 105% but it will limit them to the value you set in Kisslicer (like I described in my last post). Would be interesting to see if you get improvements especially for solid layers. Unfortunalley I am unable to print at the moment. Let me know if you have any input or suggestions.

Regards,
Tobi
Attachments
CubeitModV5B2.zip
(446.17 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
joestefano

Post by joestefano »

We need to come up with 1 STL test file that we can all use to perform our tests. I will try using Hugues "fine tune" file. If you have anything that you use please send it.
jonny.m

Post by jonny.m »

I am busy today but will create a testfile STL tomorrow which I think should be good for testing. If somebody wants to tests in the meantime, it would be best to use something with short and long solid paths. Like the fintune.stl with a thin stripe attached to it for example.
Hugues

Post by Hugues »

I don't know if it can help you, i found an excel file done by Giovanni for the solid calculation.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... cslist_api

Is somebody can test a single loop without infill without thickness ? There was a bug before Tobi release his version.
Sorry i cannot test due to my little jumping daughter...

Cheers !
regards,
Hugues

www.cubexupgrade.com
Hugues

Post by Hugues »

About the calculation, we setup a step a 4.75 mm / 5 mm because the cubex isn't able to accelerate enough under this segment lenght.
If you want to give more options to improve quality, this is what i think :
- ability to setup the step (4.75 now) this value can be change to macht to our personal setup (nozzle size, speed, hardware )
- yes limit calculation to short segment (under the step)
- option to disconnect the calculation for a safe version ; -)

Thanks again for your work !
regards,
Hugues

www.cubexupgrade.com
joestefano

Post by joestefano »

Test with 5B2 and latest safe version, both prints are similar, Infill set at 25%. should the infill be more solid?
Attachments
finetune 2.jpg
finetune 2.jpg (39.11 KiB) Viewed 2556 times
finetune 1.jpg
finetune 1.jpg (45.91 KiB) Viewed 2556 times
jonny.m

Post by jonny.m »

Hello all,

I have another new Version to try/test.

This one gives you full control over the Solid and Infill Calculations and if neccessary can disable all corrections other than the extrusion speed conversion. I prepared a Excel-Sheet to display how the changes affect the Solid and Infill Calculations. In order to have control over the Calculations, some new lines have to be added to the Prefix Tab under Kisslicers Printer G-code Tab:
Prefix.png
Prefix.png (9.92 KiB) Viewed 2554 times
It is important to fill them exactly as shown, otherwise they don't get read correctly. You can change the numbers of course, but don't change the names or the position of the number (e.g. remove Spaces). The numbers shown below reflect the original settings used in CubeitMod Versions up to now. Before changing any number, please check the influence with the Excel-Sheet I've prepared.
The values will show up in the Done-Message, I strongly recommend to compare them each time you did change them.

; Shift = 0
; HighLimit = 1.05
; Exp = 1.1
; MinLength = 0

If you need to disable Infill and Solid corrections you simply have to enter a value below 5 into the new "Max Speed" field. Results then should be the same as with the SafeMode-Version. The included .po file updates the description of the "Max Speed" field accordingly.

Please test and comment if you want.

I attached a different finetune.stl which I would like to use for testing/adjusting the new CubeitMod as soon as I am able to print again, but this might take some days, if not weeks.

@Joestefano: Looks a bit weak to me. How much Infill% did you choose in the Matl. Tab, and have you already tried to increase it?

Regards,
Tobi
Attachments
Finetune2.zip
(11.61 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
CubeitModV5B3.zip
(557.2 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
Hugues

Post by Hugues »

Hi,
I made few test with gcode viewer, everything seems right !!!

I will print some stuff tomorrow to test.

The max speed is an amazing function ! thanks for this !

Can you describe a little more the functions available in the prefix tab ? I tried some and cannot see effect in gcode viewer. I also use your excel to try !!

It could be a great stuff for the final realease to stop the post processor if the max speed are slower than those setup in printer tab. When it's badly filled, all speed are affected by the max speed.

Thanks again !
regards,
Hugues

www.cubexupgrade.com
jonny.m

Post by jonny.m »

Hi Hugues

Great Idea to compare the Max Speed versus the Speeds on the Printer Tab, I'll see if I can do this as well.

Regarding the values in the Prefix Tab:

CubeitMod calculates the the Infill and Solid Factor with following formula (Infill in this case):

InfillFactor = ((-1)/(InfillPerimeterFactor*( (-1.5 + 3 * LayerThickness * nStack ) + InfillLenght)^1.1))+ 1.05

For a given Layer Thickness the only thing that was adjustable is the InfillPerimeterFactor (SolidPerimeterFactor for Solid) which is Infill% and Solid% in Kisslicer Matl Tab. As I mentoined, for long solid and infill lengths the Factor will always be close to 1.05 because of the formula setup. This I limited to the selected Infill% or Solid%
I replaced the fixed values 1.1 (the Exponent) and 1.05 (which is the high limit for long paths) with variables and included a new variable (Shift):

InfillFactor = ((-1)/(InfillPerimeterFactor*( (-1.5 + 3 * LayerThickness * $nStack ) + InfillLenght + Shift)^Exp))+ HighLimit

The fourth variable, MinLength is used in CubitMod to define from which path-length on the formula is used. This before was calculated in the old CubeitMod with this formula:

InfillLenght > -( - 1.5 + 3 * LayerThickness * nStack )

Below the Min Length, the value for InfillFactor and Solidfactor are set to: LayerThickness * nStack
This applies to both the new and the old version of CubeitMod.

Hope this explanation helps a bit.......

Short example:

Lets assume your solid surface with the old CubeitMod looks very good for pathlengths higher than 10mm but you have too much solid for shorter lengths. Your settings are: 0.2 Layer Thickness, no Stacking, Solid% set to 100%
Take these values and enter them into the Excel Sheet for the "Reference Calculation". Then start to change the values of the "Adjustable Calculation" in a way that the Solidfactor decreases for Lengths below 10mm but stays almost the same for Lengths above 10mm. Trial and error is the way to go here......
I found the following values to look very good for this example:
Shift: -2, High Limit: 1.05, Exponent: 1.2, Minimum Length: 0, Infill/Solid%: 102.5

This is how it looks like in the Excel-Sheet:
Example.png
Example.png (30.53 KiB) Viewed 2542 times
Now you have to enter these values to the Prefix Tab of Kisslicer:
; Shift = -2
; HighLimit = 1.05
; Exp = 1.2
; MinLength = 0
Example2.png
Example2.png (9.5 KiB) Viewed 2542 times
And don't forget to change the Solid% in the Matl Tab to 102.5

Regards,
Tobi
Hugues

Post by Hugues »

Hi,

Thanks for explanation. i will try them.
I made few tests this morning with your basic setup.
i found a bug with brim function, it takes the max allowed speed and all the first layer is printed at those speed. After this layer everything right, just found some speed lower than the average calculated by cubeitmod in infill (still in straight mode) but generally they are clean.

Be careful about speed : setup loop and perimeter lower than other can be weird when you start a print. Example, i setup all my speed to 32 and real speed were 26 / 26 / around 32 / around 32. Best thing is to simulate them before printing when new setup.
I used 36/36/32/32 to have speed close to 32 with my setup.

sparse infill are now under-control but they are setup by your max speed, don't use too high value, in my case 48 was ok.

Thanks again, i will try tomorrow other option like staked infill and the other in prefix tab.
regards,
Hugues

www.cubexupgrade.com