Found a way to get CubeitMod to work with newest Kisslicer!!

jonny.m

Found a way to get CubeitMod to work with newest Kisslicer!!

Post by jonny.m »

Hello All

I decided to open a new topic for this. Hope this hasn't already been discussed elsewhere.

While comparing the gcode generated by old (KISSlicer_Win64_1_4_5_10) an new Kisslicer Versions (KISSlicer_Win64_1.5beta2.20) I noticed a different comment line in the Main G Code section.

Old: 231 ; *** Warming Extruder 2 to 225 C ***
New: 256 ; *** Selecting and Warming Extruder 2 to 225 C ***

I had a look to the CubeitMod code and saw that the line has to be like it is on the old version to get recognized by CubeitMod. I changed the line of the .bfb file that was created with the new version of Kisslicer back to how it is on the old version and then run CubeitMod (with and without Safe Mode). The values for M227 and M228 are now there again !!!!!

Two possible solutions:

1. Change CubeitMod to recognize the new expression (Selecting and Warming Extruder......).
2. Ask the Kisslicer Developer to change back to the old expression (Warming Extruder......).

What do you think would make more sense?

Cheers,
Tobi
Hugues

Re: Found a way to get CubeitMod to work with newest Kisslic

Post by Hugues »

Hi Tobi,

In the next version coming soon we added the two kisslicer use possibility.

Can you check if your speeds conversion are still correct ? we notice bad conversion on them with just this mod in cubeitmod.

you can check them by renaming your bfb into gcode with http://gcode.ws/
regards,
Hugues

www.cubexupgrade.com
jonny.m

Post by jonny.m »

Hi Hugues,

I already tried that yesterday, but somehow gcode.ws doesn't work with my browser. If you tell me what you need I could create some bfb files with Kisslicer and post them here. Just tell me which Kisslicer and Cubeitmod to use.
Can I identify bad speed conversions just by comparing the .bfb and the bfb.bak files ? What numbers do I have to look at, the F-values ?

Cheers,
Tobi
Hugues

Post by Hugues »

Yes check the F value, but for an easier way, setup all the speed equal.

With my tries, conversion with new kisslicer give me slower speed with same RPM.

Otherwise send two bfb done with old and new version converted with cubeitmod.
regards,
Hugues

www.cubexupgrade.com
jonny.m

Post by jonny.m »

I prepared some files for you (in the attachment):

Finetune sliced and saved with KISSlicer_Win64_1.5beta2.20, CubeitMod491 as Postprocessor:
Beta2.20_oriCubeitMod_finetune(0).bfb and Beta2.20_oriCubeitMod_finetune(0).bfb.bak

Finetune sliced and saved with KISSlicer_Win64_1.5beta2.20, manual changed the bfb file (deleted "Select and") and then processed it with CubeitMod491:
Beta2.20_Manual_finetune(0).bfb and Beta2.20_Manual_finetune(0).bfb.bak

Finetune sliced and saved with KISSlicer_Win64_1.5beta2.20, used my own modified version of CubeitMod as Postprocessor (in theory the output should be exactly the same as the above file):
Beta2.20_modCubeitMod_finetune(0).bfb and Beta2.20_modCubeitMod_finetune(0).bfb.bak

Finetune sliced and saved with KISSlicer_Win64_1_4_5_10, CubeitMod491 as Postprocessor:
1_4_5_10_oriCubeitMod_finetune(0).bfb and 1_4_5_10_oriCubeitMod_finetune(0).bfb.bak

Another question......: I noticed that M208 S isn't really rounded but just cut after the first number. Wouldn't it be better to round the numbers from .1 to .4 down and the numbers from .5 to .9 up ? Or is there a reason why it is done that way?

Cheers,
Tobi
Attachments
For Hugues.zip
(127.77 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
Hugues

Post by Hugues »

I just check quicly your files,

You also have a speed problem, not the same as mine but cubeitmod doesn't convert speed into a readable and accurate one. You could use it but careful because if you change speed your filament flow so the thickness on one path. You colud also have other bad value if you activate some new functionality.
With the old version you can notice some high jump to really high speed, better to use a safe version ;-)

Thank for your upload !
regards,
Hugues

www.cubexupgrade.com
jonny.m

Post by jonny.m »

Hi Hugues

I would like to understand a little better why the F-values and the M108/M208 S-values from Kisslicer need to be changed, and how they should be changed. Can you explain this to me or do you have a link to a site where it is discussed/described ?

Thanx in advance,
Tobias
Hugues

Post by Hugues »

Hi Tobias,

Start by the F and S values !
Cubex firmware can not read all value, small value are not allowed and 2 numbers after dot are not reading. It's why Giovanni rounded value between movement speed and motor rotation.
Cubeitmod give you the possibility to setup %infill and %solid who change the infill and top layer speed but with jumping value in that i preferred to erase this function as i get good result without (now i think it was more a hardware problem from the stock hotend who can be hidden by those function).

About the M227 M228, it's hard to tell how they work (several theory...) but they have to be written into the "header" of the bfb like we found them in the .cubex file.
I cannot give you more information about calculation for them. Giovanni works on them lot of time and like you see in the AU3 file there is some "static" value added to calculate them. I think they are related to the motor/pulley of our cubex.

About a link, sadly it disappear with the first kisslicer forum. You can find some thread saved by bikejunky on this link :
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=fr# ... 29rTBATSKk
regards,
Hugues

www.cubexupgrade.com
jonny.m

Post by jonny.m »

Hi Hugues,

thank you for your information and the link. I found a post somewhere else where Giovanni described what is the intention of the speed changes done by Cubeitmod, this helped me alot. Digging in the code of Cubeitmod491 I think I found the root cause of the too high speeds that occour sometimes. I modified Cubeitmod491 to work with KISSlicer_Win64_1.5beta2.20 and fixed the speed bug (hopefully.....). In order to use Cubeitmod with KISSlicer_Win64_1.5beta2.20 some Printer G-Code needs to be changed since there are new options.

In the Printer G-Code field I copied the same text to "Select New Ext & Warm" , "Warm Same Ext" and "Cool Same Ext"

; Select extruder, warm, purge

; BfB-style
M542
M<EXT+1>04 S<TEMP>
M55<EXT+1> P700 S80
M543

I attached the changed version, please test if you get the same results. Unfortunatelly I am not able to print at the moment.

Cheers,
Tobi
Attachments
UniversalCubitMod.zip
(446.04 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
Hugues

Post by Hugues »

Hi !

Great !!!
I'm testing it right now.

Thanks again