Found a way to get CubeitMod to work with newest Kisslicer!!

jonny.m

Re: Found a way to get CubeitMod to work with newest Kisslic

Post by jonny.m »

Very interessting ! Can you please post the .stl, .bfb and .bfb.bak file where the brim has been printed at max speed ?

About the Speed: You will almost always get other (lower) speeds while printing if you have used CubeitMod. Reason is the correction for Cubex's shitty Extrusion speed conversion.

The lower the extrusion speed is, the higher the differences might get. But this has to be like this and is not a bug.

For Example: You sliced something with Kisslicer and the Extrusion speed is calculated to be 3.8 mm/s

If this value is read by the Cubex software, the decimal will be cut, but the printing speed will not be changed accordingly, resulting in way to less material printed.
100%/3.8*3 =79% wich means that you will be missing 21% of material. CubeitMod compensates that by cutting the decimal as well, but afterwards change the printing speed by the same Percentage.
32mm/s / 3.8*3 = 25.3mm/s

If you set the Max Speed to "only" 48mm/s you pretty much cut the calculations done by Kisslicer. This roughly means that the Infill or Solid Factor can't get below 70% for very short Pathlengths. If this is sufficient to get good results then everything is perfect, but in case you still get too much Solid or Infill on short paths you need to increase the Max Speed. I think increasing the Max Speed to your X/Y Travelspeed should be safe as the Cubex can handle it.
If you have too less Solid or Infill on very short paths after you increased the Max Speed then you have to change the new variables in the Prefix Tab (e.g. set Shift to +1) to increase the Infill and Solidfactor for short pathlengths.
If you prefer the solution of limiting it with "low" Max Speed, be sure to adjust the optimum while printing the lowest Layer Thickness you are using.

Since I am a total noob at 3D printing, everything I stated above is pure theory based on the calculations inside CubeitMod. Because I know that reality sometimes is quite different from theory, do not hesitate to correct me with your experience of 3D printing reality :)

Cheers,
Tobi
Hugues

Post by Hugues »

Hi Tobbi,

Yes, i knew all this but it's was a long time since i used the classic version with this huge speed difference ! ;-)

About speed allowed by the cubex. We have to differentiate speed, short and long segment, max allowed speed for small segment is smaller than the one for long.
You can try this to see, slice a small cylinder with 50 loop and watch your printer doing circle, long are done at full speed, but when doing small circle it's going slower. Hardware cannot reach 48 mm/s in 3 mm... It's why really high speed is not necessary and can cause a bug into the firmware resulting over extrusion. I advice to not go over 100 mm/s before bug.

I'm now testing the shift function, i will post pictures to compare them.
Attachments
Calibration220.zip
(280.59 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
regards,
Hugues

www.cubexupgrade.com
Hugues

Post by Hugues »

CONGRATULATION !

it's a perfect finish with values in prefix tab you give in example in a previous post. Theory is good !
I used 48 in max speed.
Attachments
20150408_161127.jpg
regards,
Hugues

www.cubexupgrade.com
joestefano

Post by joestefano »

Hugues, can you give a recap of your settings that have given you the good results? Prefix tab? Infill% ,Solid%
jonny.m

Post by jonny.m »

Hi Hugues,

well done, this really looks promising !! I would be interested in your settings as well.

Regarding the first layer speed issue: As far as I can see, this is not related to Brim settings. What I have found would imply that this issue always has been there, even with the Safe Mode Version of CubeitMod. If you have time, could you please use an old version of Kisslicer that you have "successfully" been using with CubeitMod491SafeMode and slice&save the .stl file you have used to create the files in Calibration220.zip ? Just make sure to use the same settings as for the files you created with Kisslicer B2.20 and CubeitModV5B3. If you post the .stl here I could try to run some verifications on it as well.

Thank you in advance,
Tobi
Hugues

Post by Hugues »

Hi Joe, Tobbi

For this test i use ABS reprapper filament. long time without printing ABS, so i wanted to find a good setup for it....
I used my cubstom with a 0.3 nozzle so careful with higher nozzle or stock one, prime and suck would not be the same.
In Style tab :
0.1 mm layer thickness
0.9 mm skin
3 loop
Stacked layer ; 1
infill 10%
0.5 in depth for seam 0.7 in gap
No wipe (otherwise it's cheating ;-) )

Printer :
speed 36/36/32/32

Prefix :
; Shift = -2
; HighLimit = 1.05
; Exp = 1.2
; MinLength = 0

Material :
Solid% 100
Infill% 100
Max speed 48
M227P :0.02
M227S: 0.1
M228P: 0.01 (next time i will try 0)
M228S : 0.01

Tests are really hard to shoot, but the shift made lot of change in the surface finish, i tried it to 1 and it was better than 0 and when i tried -2 with all other values, print was really good.

About Brim, i will tried an old setup to find a good value.
regards,
Hugues

www.cubexupgrade.com
jonny.m

Post by jonny.m »

Next one.....

Indeed, those to high speeds for the first layer already can be reproduced with older Versions of Kisslicer and CubeitMod, even with the SafeMode version. They appear on certain combinations of Layer Thickness vs. Bed Roughness & Z-Offset. It has nothing to do with the Brim settings of Kisslicer (at least I couldn't get CubeitMod to fail because of any Brim Settings in several tests).

The version I attached now fixes these First Layer issues.

Other changes are the comparison of Max Speed versus the lowest actual Speed setting. If you set Max Speed on the Matl Tab to a value less or equal of one of the actual printing Speeds, all calculations except for the extrusion speed conversion will be disabled.This was a great idea of Hugues since a to low Max Speed can lead to realy poor results if the calculations are still active.

Last I changed the Done Message to show the solid X/Y speed multiplication factor as well.

I will start a separate Feature Request Thread where you can state what you would like to have changed in CubeitMod and what the Done-Message should include and what not. Whatever the outcome is and whatever bugs might still be found I will try to implement on the next, and probably my last version of CubeitMod.

Please download and test, especially the Pro Features that I cannot test yet.

Regards,
Tobi
Attachments
CubeitModV5B4.zip
(457.92 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
Hugues

Post by Hugues »

Hi Tobi,

I found a bug, i've to check if it just in the new version or also on the V5B3, the speed goes down suddenly. It's happen between infill and solid, printer use the speed written in the Post-layer lift and doesn't update it (line 55727 in the BFB.BACK)

I'will try to explore this today...
Attachments
Test.zip
(938.6 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
slowSpeed.png
regards,
Hugues

www.cubexupgrade.com
Hugues

Post by Hugues »

Got it !

It's link to staked layers function in pro version. It setup 3 for this test. Tell me if you need more file to analyse !
regards,
Hugues

www.cubexupgrade.com
jonny.m

Post by jonny.m »

Hi Hugues,

please create files with exactly the same settings, but only one siple object. Can you tell me if you are doing something special to convert your files to .gcode, because they are working in my browser and the ones that I create and rename don't.

Thanx,
Tobi