Found a way to get CubeitMod to work with newest Kisslicer!!

Hugues

Re: Found a way to get CubeitMod to work with newest Kisslic

Post by Hugues »

Hi Tobbi,

I'm getting same speed problem.

Did you change other thing in the AU3 ? Did you remap the %infill box ?

Thanks, we are getting to success !!! Thanks again !
Attachments
screencapture-gcode-ws.png
RobotTest.zip
(1.46 MiB) Downloaded 134 times
regards,
Hugues

www.cubexupgrade.com
jonny.m

Post by jonny.m »

Hi Hugues,

I did some changes to the Kisslicer language file as well, in order to get fieldnames and comments as needed for CubeitMod/Cubex. Just cosmetics.... ;-) Once it is loaded the %infill is back.

Please test especially the features of the Pro Version. I am unable to test those features since my boss doesn't wan't to invest just another single cent into this printer and I can't afford the license at the moment.

Just a thought: The new field in KISSlicer_Win64_1.5beta2.20 (delta vS) could be used to add new functionallities to CubeitMod, for example limiting the max speed that is calculated by CubitMod for Infill and Solid. Might be neccessary since for small layer heights (<0.2mm) the speeds are quite high.

Cheers,
Tobi
Attachments
LanguageFile.zip
(10.87 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
jonny.m

Post by jonny.m »

This doesn't look good...... :(

Could you send me your .stl and your .ini files so I can check if I am getting the same results and do some further digging. Or won't that be possible because you are using the Pro Version ?

Cheers,
Tobi
Hugues

Post by Hugues »

This is my ini files and the STL use for this test.

Some information can influence the speed calculation, maybe it could be "min layer time" or "limit increase/layer". I never get a clue about what was the reason of this strange issue...
Attachments
MAKE_Robot_V6.zip
(220.63 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
Beta2.2Inifiles.zip
(2.82 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
regards,
Hugues

www.cubexupgrade.com
Hugues

Post by Hugues »

Just made a short test in 0.2 mm layer height, i get the same issue with too high speed.
Forget to says that my %infill and %solid are setup to 100%, they should not give 3 times the setup speed...
Attachments
screencapture-gcode-ws_2.png
regards,
Hugues

www.cubexupgrade.com
jonny.m

Post by jonny.m »

In your first files I can see that you forgot to adapt the G-Code in Kisslicer (Printer G-code Tab). It is important to set al three tabs ("Select New Ext & Warm" , "Warm Same Ext" and "Cool Same Ext") up with the same content:

; Select extruder, warm, purge

; BfB-style
M542
M<EXT+1>04 S<TEMP>
M55<EXT+1> P700 S80
M543

Otherwise the speed for extrusion won't be saved to the bfb-file which makes it impossible to figure out where the high speeds are coming from.

Once you have done that, can you please slice&save it again for both, 0.1 & 0.2mm ? It would be great if you could then do the same without stacking ( I can not compare your stacked outputs with mine since the normal Licence doesn't alow stacking).
And have you seen the language file that I've posted earlier? Could you try to change your language in Kisslicer to this file and check if your %Infill Box is showing up again?

Regarding higher speeds when %infill and %solid are set to 100: As far as I understand what Giovanni described on the net and what I can see in the Code, CubeitMod will increase the speed for short infill and solid paths quite alot, even if %solid and %infill are set to 100. This is to compensate the time which is neccessary to accelerate and decelrate the moving head. I am "surprised" about the high values as well, thats why I mentioned that we could use the new field in Kisslicer to set up a maximum speed CubeitMod can use.

Regards,
Tobi

By the way, where are you from and do you know why Giovanni isn't working on CubeitMod anymore?
Attachments
Printer G-Code.png
Printer G-Code.png (23.86 KiB) Viewed 2525 times
jonny.m

Post by jonny.m »

Here we go.......

In the time being I modified CubeitMod491 to output a user selectable maximum Speed. This will only work with KISSlicer_Win64_1.5beta2.20. I attached the new Version of CubeitMod (I called it CubeitMod V5B1, hope this is ok for the guys who initially invented it) and the corresponding Language File for Kisslicer. Once you have selected the Language File you will now see the new Field "Max Speed" next to the %Infill box. Put a speed in mm/s as high as you think your printer can handle in there. In any case the Speed you set there needs to be higher than the highest Speed you set on the Speed Tab.

CubeitMod will still change the original speeds to compensate the "inaccuracy" of the extrusion speed conversion inside the Cubex Firmware, as well as it still tries to compensate for acceleration/deceleration on very short infill & solid paths. But this now will be limited to the speed you insert in the Max Speed Field. I tested it a bit, so far it looks promising, please test as much as possible and let me know if there is something wrong.
Once again, don't forget to check the "Printer G-code" Tab.
NewField.png
NewField.png (5.76 KiB) Viewed 2521 times
Printer G-Code.png
Printer G-Code.png (8.55 KiB) Viewed 2521 times
Regards,
Tobi
Attachments
CubeitModV5B1.zip
(456.93 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
Hugues

Post by Hugues »

Hi Tobi,

Sorry, yesterday was really busy, preparing a meeting. Today i'm outside i will try to do small test this night.

Otherwise,i filled the new printertab with your mod, i used the ABS printer.

how did you do the limitation speed ?is it if speed superior to max speed all value are written to max speed ?

My developer didn't sent me new stuff, you did a really good job !
regards,
Hugues

www.cubexupgrade.com
jonny.m

Post by jonny.m »

Hi,

you are right, all I implemented is to check if the calculated Speed is higher than the Max Speed, and if yes, use the Max Speed.

I found something that I want to discuss with you and everybody else who is interested in this topic (best would be to talk to Giovanni if possible). It is about the Solid- and Infillfacor Calculation done in CubeitMod. The way the calculation is set up, it is not possible to get a Solid or Infillfactor higher than 105%. The other thing which makes me wondering if it really should be like this is: If you set Solid or Infill to below 100% this will only affect short Solid and Infill Paths. The higher the Solid/Infill length is the higher the Solid and Infillfactor gets, up to the maximum at 105%. I plotted the calculation to show what is happening. The example is for 70% Infill% or Solid%, 0.1 Layer Thickness and no Stacking. You can see that Solid and Infill will only be decreased to 70% (or below for the acceleration/deceleration compensation.....) if the path is shorter than 4.75mm. For paths longer than 4.75 Solid and Infill increase more and more (100% at 22.25mm, 104% at 92.2mm). Should it really be like this or would it make more sense to limit Solid and Infill to whatever you set in Kisslicer? The second Trendline shows how it would look like if the Factor really would be limited to the setpoint in Kisslicer. Please have a look at this and let me know if you want to test a CubeitMod-Version that does the limitation.
Calculation.png
Calculation.png (14.63 KiB) Viewed 2510 times
Regards,
Tobi
joestefano

Post by joestefano »

Hi Tobi,
I have been giving Hugues a hand with the Cubeitmod changes. I am testing your latest version now. I have a CubeX Trio. I would like to test anything you need tested.