Extrusion issue with PLA

nospoon

Extrusion issue with PLA

Post by nospoon »

I just recently received my delta printer and started experimenting with slicers and materials. Had one or two experimental prints with ABS using Kisslicer and they were ok, however when I switched to PLA it doesn't want to extrude properly when it starts printing. Actually, it doesn't extrude at all.
It behaves like if the material is being sucked in more than pushed out, as when I push the filament manually it goes in a few mm before it gets to the nozzle and starts to flow. However this is not happening with Slic3r.
Any ideas?
Davide Ardizzoia

Re: Extrusion issue with PLA

Post by Davide Ardizzoia »

Check you material settings. If ABS works, there is no reason not to be working with PLA.
Ie.: are you sure that PRIME is >= SUCK ?

Best Regards
Davide Ardizzoia
joestefano

Post by joestefano »

nospoon, what version are you using? what were M227 & M228 settings for ABS? I am having the same problem with all versions after 2.0.
nospoon

Post by nospoon »

I'm using version 1.4.5.10.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by M227 and M228 settings, but I don't have any of those included in my custom gcode.
nospoon

Post by nospoon »

Well actually, a little update, it doesn't print with ABS as well now...
This is how the model looks like when loaded to pronterface after slicing with Kisslicer:
kisslicerScreenshot.JPG
kisslicerScreenshot.JPG (186.91 KiB) Viewed 2425 times
You can clearly see the jagged lines and it doesn't extrude any material when it comes to printing.
nospoon

Post by nospoon »

I think I found the solution.
In Printer -> Firmware tab I changed the Firmware Type setting from 5D - Relative E to 5D - Absolute E and it seems to have fixed the problem.