Print quality changed overnight

joestefano

Print quality changed overnight

Post by joestefano »

CubeX duo. My print quality seems to have changed overnight. The pictures demonstrate what is happening. The defined layers is a new symptom, Pic #1 box on left is more typical of my print quality regarding layers, but in the right rear corner the material seems to be lacking Pic # 2&3 the layers are not typical and the right rear corner is still bad. I am printing with a brand new roll of PLA from matterhackers. I got the same results with the PLA I had in stock. I am on the latest Ver. of KS Windows 64bit. I tested with V1.5 2.0 same results I tried using CubeX to slice but even parts that printed very well did not print good. It's like something in the printer changed. Need Help

Thanks
Attachments
5.jpg
5.jpg (57.36 KiB) Viewed 1581 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (66.23 KiB) Viewed 1581 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (57.56 KiB) Viewed 1581 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (58.54 KiB) Viewed 1581 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (52.43 KiB) Viewed 1581 times
plexus
Site Admin

Re: Print quality changed overnight

Post by plexus »

The massive amount of Z ribbing indicates mechanical issues with your printer. the ribbing is so severe that whatever is wrong is likely contributing to an over-all lack of print quality reliability in your printer. You should work on getting the mechanics solid on your printer first before working with software parameters as the parameter changes will be absorbed into the mechanical errors and you won't be able to reliable make an assessment.

There are many causes of Z ribbing the most being a non-concentric thread screw.
Hugues

Re: Print quality changed overnight

Post by Hugues »

Hi Joe,

Did you check your bfb file ? It could happen strange speed sometimes.

You can rename the .bfb into a . gcode and analyse the file with gcode viewer.

Otherwise when my printer start to do crazy print without reason, i reload the firmware....

Good luck
regards,
Hugues

www.cubexupgrade.com