KISSlicer 1.5 Beta 2 - in development

Mikk36

Re: KISSlicer 1.5 Beta 2 - in development

Post by Mikk36 »

Or create some page, where these kind of formula values can be changed (in the style of Mozilla's about:config, for example).
That way there are safe limits for the majority, but those who really want can go and mess stuff up for their particular need.
0110-m-p

Post by 0110-m-p »

Any updates to the development of KISS?
Printer: Rostock Max w/ E3D V5 hotend and lots of upgrades/modifications
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

Jonathan, as a follow up to my various pictures showing text I'm printing on the lid of a box, I think it would be great if you could let us pick the crown path fraction and multiple of extrusion width. Defaults of 0.5 * extrusion width to 1.5 * extrusion width are nice, but the ability to go lower or higher based on observation of the sliced or printed model would be ideal. Especially in my case where I am printing against the glass to create a nice smooth surface, I want to make sure all crown paths are filled. The subsequent layers will smooth out the top of the print. Thanks.
bgcop

Post by bgcop »

Hello friends,

I write to Jonathan because i have some worry of Kisslicer development. Jontahan respond ->

It's not abandoned, in fact I have done a bunch of work with it, but all the recent work is alpha level (DLP-style printers, 3-axis CNC mill, and a few other smaller features). It will take some work to clean it up so others can use it. My plan right now is to just try to solidify the 1.5 version for a release, without any of the super new features, just fixing the bugs I have found. Unfortunately this is taking *much* longer than I hoped.

So, yeah, not abandoned, but no visible progress at the moment, sorry!

thanks for emailing,
Jonathan

Great news!

Thank you
Jonathan
plexus
Site Admin

Post by plexus »

ok thats good to know. its hard to balance everything in life especially these days
frozen.rabbit

Post by frozen.rabbit »

Any updates? Been quiet for several months.
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

Jonathan, do you have an update? I've made some feature requests and was just wondering if they are on your radar or what your plans are for KISSlicer?
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

...just wondering if anyone heard from Jonathan on when we can expect to start getting updates again. There's some relatively simple feature requests like a solid purge pillar for the e3d cyclops hot end that would be very helpful; hence the reason for my question.

KISSlicer still makes the best tool paths, better than Simplify3D, Cura and the rest of the lot...hope Jonathan has the time to continue with his development.
plexus
Site Admin

Post by plexus »

inventabuild wrote:...just wondering if anyone heard from Jonathan on when we can expect to start getting updates again. There's some relatively simple feature requests like a solid purge pillar for the e3d cyclops hot end that would be very helpful; hence the reason for my question.

KISSlicer still makes the best tool paths, better than Simplify3D, Cura and the rest of the lot...hope Jonathan has the time to continue with his development.
I haven't heard anything from Jonathan. anyone else?
Davide Ardizzoia

Post by Davide Ardizzoia »

AFAIK, Jonathan is extremely busy...but not on Kisslicer developement.

Best Regards
Davide Ardizzoia