KISSlicer 1.5 Beta 2 - in development

texsc98

Re: KISSlicer 1.5 Beta 2 - in development

Post by texsc98 »

lonesock wrote:For me, changing the material cost or the printer cost per hour does not immediately update the info. But as soon as I update the position of the "Precision vs. Speed" slider, then the estimated build cost does change (taking both factors into account). Maybe it's something I've changed since 2.10? I will try to get KISSlicer to update the estimate when the relevant settings are updated as well, so that should show up in the next posted build.

thanks,
Jonathan
Thanks for the quick reply! Ha yep you're right... Changing the 2 values does immediately update the calculated cost! I guess my issue was more related to just the speed then, I never actually tried changing the values themselves after I set them just the speed settings. As you also observed changing the slider doesn't update the cost or print time, also changing the speed values in the printer/speed tab doesn't affect time/cost calculations. Thanks for checking into this :D
mhackney

Post by mhackney »

Plexus, I'm not having any issues. In fact, I asked the poster with the STL issue to post some of his STLs to take a look at.

cheers,
Michael
Ros

Post by Ros »

Hi I just rechecked the dropbox, and seems every time I'll go new beta came to light, wow that's great... but it starts to became little messy.
So propose to reorganize it with some folder structure, more easy to find that you looking for..

Dropbox
----->Mac
---------->1.5beta2.7
---------->1.5beta2.10
----->Linux
---------->1.5beta2.7
----------------->Linux32
----------------->Linux64
---------->1.5beta2.10
----------------->Linux32
----------------->Linux64
----->Windows
---------->1.5beta2.7
----------------->Win32
----------------->Win64
---------->1.5beta2.7
----------------->Win32
----------------->Win64

What do you think people?
mhackney

Post by mhackney »

I agree that it is getting (is) messy!

The alternative:

1.5beta2.7
------>Mac
------>Linux
------>Windows

Seems more logical. That way, we can immediately see the latest build without digging down a level and we can see when a platform we care about is supported and if you are like me with several platforms, you can get them all in one place. Make sense?

thanks,
Michael
texsc98

Post by texsc98 »

mhackney wrote:I agree that it is getting (is) messy!

The alternative:

1.5beta2.7
------>Mac
------>Linux
------>Windows

Seems more logical. That way, we can immediately see the latest build without digging down a level and we can see when a platform we care about is supported and if you are like me with several platforms, you can get them all in one place. Make sense?

thanks,
Michael
I vote for top-level folder grouping by version as well as Michael suggests. Although I'm not sure we need the subfolders by platform then would we?

Cheers,
Austin
mhackney

Post by mhackney »

texcs98, no we would simply have the installers below the version, no need for an extra directory.
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

The directory re-organization is done. The down side is if your platform has no build for a given version, searching takes a bit longer. Extra incentive for me to build for all platforms. [8^)

Jonathan
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

Ladies and gentlemen, I just uploaded version 1.5 beta 2.15 to the Dropbox folder. Windows and Mac builds are there already, with Linux to follow tomorrow.

This is a semi-big deal because this is my candidate for the beta 2 release! Please pound on it, find bugs, do your magic, etc. If no huge bugs are found then I will post this to the website, superseding the 1.5 beta 1.

Lots of new things in this build (relative to the 2.10 build), including:
* removed some duplicate motion points during wipe (wasting G-code)
* seam indicator works with rotated objects
* island sort goes from nominal seam location to the opposite side
* path order optimization is much improved
* added reference setting profiles (and a quick restore of those)
* build & cost info change when the settings change
* you can now stack multiples of a model vertically (under the right-click mesh transform pop-up menu)
* packer works on round beds now (sorry about this bug!)
* fixed a possible race condition when OpenGL tried to draw a mesh while the code was updating it (on load or on mesh transforms)
* Moved Extruder Mapping to its own tab for easier updates (and easier to remember!)
* Added a License pop-up.
* Z-gap also lifts the model above the raft (if the raft and Z-gap are enabled)
* Z-gap and raft spacing now update without a reslice (they are shown *below* the bed sop the paths will still align with the mesh)
* Fixed a bug where a new extruder would not start with a prime
* Added the Extruder Order optimization mode: Most recent (faster prints, is the default) and Fixed Order (always 1,2,3,4 per layer, slower but more even heating)

This version should also be stable enough that if you want to contribute a translation or a profile for your printer type, you will not have to change much before the actual 1.5 release. I will soon start two new posts in the release sub-forum for people wishing to contribute these (one post for translations, another for machine profiles). I plan to bundle all submissions in a zip file on the main website, with a list of who submitted and a huge "Thank You" from me.

thanks,
Jonathan
mhackney

Post by mhackney »

Excellent! I'm kicking the tires on the Mac and Win64 versions now.
mhackney

Post by mhackney »

Its nice having the prime/suck (vP, vS) speed settings on the Mac now! First slice done successfully and printing away.