Prime after Destring?

Prime after Destring?

Postby ImpulsiveJames » 11 Jun 2018, 19:45

Hi, I absolutely love the software!!!!

Is there a way to add an additional prime after destring/retract? I'm running a bowden setup and I don't think it forces the material out quite enough material after a retract. I believe the function exists in Slic3r, under retraction "Extra Length on Restart". I thought Kisslicer had a similar setting, but can't find it since the upgrade.

Thanks!!!!!

James
ImpulsiveJames

Re: Prime after Destring?

Postby pjr » 12 Jun 2018, 04:03

No, there used to be separate destring push and suck options, but since Preload was introduced, there is only a single destring value.

Theoretically, if Preload is set correctly, destring value should be zero, but in practice, you still need a destring value to take up the slack in the hardware (I use 2.5mm for my Bowden MMU and 0.25mm for direct drive).

We may see a return of the separate values in V2, but we may not. I believe the theory is that both push and suck should be the same; if they are not, then you have a problem in your hardware.

Peter
Please note: I do not have any affiliation with KISSlicer. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage or loss.
pjr

Return to Troubleshooting