KISSlicer 1.6 Release is here! (UPDATED 2017-09-08)

inventabuild

Re: KISSlicer 1.6 Beta 1.1 is here!

Post by inventabuild »

Cool, thanks, I'll give it a whirl.
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

pjr wrote:
inventabuild wrote:Also, Jonathan mentions Tuning this VE Preload value. I see the Token <TUNINGVALUE> in the Printer G-code tab, but it's not readily apparent how to use it.

On the Style tab, select "Wizard Tuning"

From the menu line, select Wizards/Tuning Wizard

Select "PreloadVE Coef" for the Parameter to Tune and enter the start and end values (I would suggest 0 to 1). Note the interface will turn yellow to denote tuning wizard in operation.

Select the extruder you want to use, slice and print the tuning part (suggested model attached).

Look at the seam and determine the best Z value, enter that into the Best Z [mm] field and the PreloadVE to use will be displayed. Use that value for PreloadVE on the material tab.

Peter
Hello Peter, please upload the suggested model or if anyone has a copy please post it so I can run the Tuning Wizard

Thank you,

Mitch
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

I have a bug to report:

I had modified the packing code to better report when the packed models fit inside the bed. I also made a huge copy-and-paste error and added the raft + support inflate values to the Z height, as well as the the X and Y dimensions. The problem is, the Tuning Wizard uses that Z height value to compute the optimum tuning value from the user-entered Z height!!

So the print from the tuning wizard was doing the right thing calculating the correct value in the G-code, but the "Best Z" => "Tuned Parameter" function is reporting the wrong interpolated values!!!

I will get an updated build out tomorrow. I am so sorry about this!

thanks,
Jonathan
Anar

Re: KS slows down on short paths

Post by Anar »

pjr wrote: Hi Anar

Can't see your GCode file. Best to zip it before attaching. For the settings only, you could simply save the project file (Project/Save Project As), zip that up and upload.

May I suggest you try the tuning wizard as in my previous post.

Please note that the print will slow on unsupported lines (overhangs) according to the setting of the Material/Flow Adjust/Cool [mm^3/s] value.

Peter
Thanks Peter for your answer.
Here is the project file I used zipped (the one showing the blob on my picture)
I appreciate your help.
Cheers !
Attachments
NewKS_failed_print.zip
Failed print KS project (zipped)
(3.14 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
pjr

Post by pjr »

inventabuild wrote:Hello Peter, please upload the suggested model or if anyone has a copy please post it so I can run the Tuning Wizard

Thank you,

Mitch
Hi Mitch

So sorry, this version of phpBB add attachments differently to what I am used to on the Prusa forums.. So I drag and drop attachments here and they don't attach...

Peter
Attachments
Tuning Part.zip
(2.55 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
pjr

Post by pjr »

Anar wrote:Thanks Peter for your answer.
I appreciate your help.
Cheers !
Hi Anar

Thanks for the upload.

My suggestions:

Printer/Extruder Hardware - set the DrvLen for each extruder. This is the distance between filament drive pulley and nozzle orifice, so even for direct drive systems, there will be at least 60mm.
Material - set the PreloadVE; depending on drive type, the destring may be a little low.
Wizards/Tuning Wizard - When Jonathan has fixed the fault, try printing the test cube with the Preload wizard.

Peter
mhackney

Post by mhackney »

pjr wrote:
Anar wrote:Thanks Peter for your answer.
I appreciate your help.
Cheers !
Hi Anar

Thanks for the upload.

My suggestions:

Printer/Extruder Hardware - set the DrvLen for each extruder. This is the distance between filament drive pulley and nozzle orifice, so even for direct drive systems, there will be at least 60mm.
Material - set the PreloadVE; depending on drive type, the destring may be a little low.
Wizards/Tuning Wizard - When Jonathan has fixed the fault, try printing the test cube with the Preload wizard.

Peter
Note that the tooltip for this field is incorrect. I've emailed Jonathan about this. I'm also writing a blog I hope to get out tomorrow or Monday that walks through viscoelasticity, preload tuning and the general coolness of the tuning wizard to tune other things like temps, max flow rate, etc.

cheers,
Michael
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

pjr wrote:
inventabuild wrote:Hello Peter, please upload the suggested model or if anyone has a copy please post it so I can run the Tuning Wizard

Thank you,

Mitch
Hi Mitch

So sorry, this version of phpBB add attachments differently to what I am used to on the Prusa forums.. So I drag and drop attachments here and they don't attach...

Peter
Awesome, thank you very much Peter. Do the other Tuning Wizard features, namely Destring Length, Temperature and Flow Rate, use the same Tuning Part or different ones?
pjr

Post by pjr »

inventabuild wrote:Awesome, thank you very much Peter. Do the other Tuning Wizard features, namely Destring Length, Temperature and Flow Rate, use the same Tuning Part or different ones?
Mitch

You can use any part you wish with the tuning wizard, but this little round-cornered cube is pretty good for tuning.

Peter.
funBart

Re: KISSlicer 1.6 Beta Bug Reports

Post by funBart »

I checked the new seam future: Join-Loop. It seems to me a very good idea to have a non hard stop at the seam, but in stead let the path of the loop fluently connect to the perimeter.

No Join Loop:
2017-07-08_21-14-01.jpg
2017-07-08_21-14-01.jpg (87.72 KiB) Viewed 3436 times
Seam: a part of the outer loop path is combined with the perimeter path
2017-07-08_21-15-20.jpg
2017-07-08_21-15-20.jpg (65.58 KiB) Viewed 3436 times
Full: the complete outer loop path is combined with the perimeter path.
2017-07-08_21-22-08.jpg
I have to check still how it works in real life. That's hard as the effect is also depending to the new "advance" Preload function I don't understand yet..... Where to begin?
Bart ter Haar
CraftBot PLUS support: https://www.CraftBot.nl