KISSlicer 1.6 Release is here! (UPDATED 2017-09-08)

Olivier13

Re: KISSlicer 1.6 Beta 1.1 is here!

Post by Olivier13 »

Hi Jonathan

Good work! I really enjoy some new feature. Look more fast than previous version.
Regards
Printer : A4v3 From 3ntr - 2 Extruders.
http://www.additec.fr
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

Hi Jonathan,

I can calculate the mass of a piece of filament 0.45 mm diameter x 10 mm long for the Ooze Mass (g) value using the results from Method 1, but it seems like weighing something that light requires a pretty accurate scale that has a bunch of 0's to the right of the decimal point. Since calculating it uses the results from Method 1 it's really not useful additional information so I'm wondering why it's required to input all values in Method 1 and Method 2 to calculate the ViscoElasticity. It seems like it s/ be required to fill in one Method's values or the other. Am I missing something?
pjr

Post by pjr »

inventabuild wrote:Hi Jonathan,

I can calculate the mass of a piece of filament 0.45 mm diameter x 10 mm long for the Ooze Mass (g) value using the results from Method 1, but it seems like weighing something that light requires a pretty accurate scale that has a bunch of 0's to the right of the decimal point. Since calculating it uses the results from Method 1 it's really not useful additional information so I'm wondering why it's required to input all values in Method 1 and Method 2 to calculate the ViscoElasticity. It seems like it s/ be required to fill in one Method's values or the other. Am I missing something?

You can fill in either method 1 or method 2. You don't need to fill in both.

Peter
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

Thanks Peter, when I zeroed out Method 2 values I got 0 for VE Preload which is why I thought I needed those values:
Computed Preload VE 0.JPG
Computed Preload VE 0.JPG (81.44 KiB) Viewed 2497 times
I went back and refreshed the Method 1 values and got my VE Preload value:
Computed Preload VE 1.3.JPG
Computed Preload VE 1.3.JPG (84.22 KiB) Viewed 2497 times
It would be a good idea for the Computed Preload VE to update itself when values are changed in any of the fields and note which Method's values are being used just to avoid confusion. Here's another example where I change the Drive Length from 100 t0 90, but I still have the same VE Preload value showing as in the picture directly above.
Computed Preload Changed Drive Length.JPG
Computed Preload Changed Drive Length.JPG (81.84 KiB) Viewed 2497 times
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

Also, Jonathan mentions Tuning this VE Preload value. I see the Token <TUNINGVALUE> in the Printer G-code tab, but it's not readily apparent how to use it.
Anar

KS slows down on short paths

Post by Anar »

Hi,
I've been testing this new release (not intensively, I must confess...).
I haven't played much with the new settings and did a first print with my usual settings.
And here are a few remarks :
- The supports are now larger without asking for that
- On small paths (not all of them) KS slows down a lot but without adapting the flow rate resulting in over-extrusion and blobs (see photo)

On this photo you can see very well the blob caused by over-extrusion.
I've added orange lines to show you where the speed slows down.
Where the blob occurs, it's a bridge over a 3mm diameter hole (top of the hole).

Maybe I'm doing something wrong so I post here my gcode file so you can have a look at my slicing settings.

I also added another photo of a print in progress of the same mesh but sliced in KS V1.5 release.
Except from warping, the print is correct.
Attachments
Sliced with KS V1.5
Sliced with KS V1.5
Failed print
Failed print
pjr

Post by pjr »

inventabuild wrote:Also, Jonathan mentions Tuning this VE Preload value. I see the Token <TUNINGVALUE> in the Printer G-code tab, but it's not readily apparent how to use it.

On the Style tab, select "Wizard Tuning"

From the menu line, select Wizards/Tuning Wizard

Select "PreloadVE Coef" for the Parameter to Tune and enter the start and end values (I would suggest 0 to 1). Note the interface will turn yellow to denote tuning wizard in operation.

Select the extruder you want to use, slice and print the tuning part (suggested model attached).

Look at the seam and determine the best Z value, enter that into the Best Z [mm] field and the PreloadVE to use will be displayed. Use that value for PreloadVE on the material tab.

Peter
pjr

Re: KS slows down on short paths

Post by pjr »

Anar wrote:Hi,
I've been testing this new release (not intensively, I must confess...).
I haven't played much with the new settings and did a first print with my usual settings.
And here are a few remarks :
- The supports are now larger without asking for that
- On small paths (not all of them) KS slows down a lot but without adapting the flow rate resulting in over-extrusion and blobs (see photo)

On this photo you can see very well the blob caused by over-extrusion.
I've added orange lines to show you where the speed slows down.
Where the blob occurs, it's a bridge over a 3mm diameter hole (top of the hole).

Maybe I'm doing something wrong so I post here my gcode file so you can have a look at my slicing settings.

I also added another photo of a print in progress of the same mesh but sliced in KS V1.5 release.
Except from warping, the print is correct.
Hi Anar

Can't see your GCode file. Best to zip it before attaching. For the settings only, you could simply save the project file (Project/Save Project As), zip that up and upload.

May I suggest you try the tuning wizard as in my previous post.

Please note that the print will slow on unsupported lines (overhangs) according to the setting of the Material/Flow Adjust/Cool [mm^3/s] value.

Peter
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

pjr wrote:
inventabuild wrote:Also, Jonathan mentions Tuning this VE Preload value. I see the Token <TUNINGVALUE> in the Printer G-code tab, but it's not readily apparent how to use it.
On the Style tab, select "Wizard Tuning"

From the menu line, select Wizards/Tuning Wizard
Peter
I do not see the Wizards/Tuning Wizard style in my menu:
MyStyleMenu.JPG
Is there a place I can download it from?
pjr

Post by pjr »

inventabuild wrote:I do not see the Wizards/Tuning Wizard style in my menu:

Is there a place I can download it from?
Here's mine.

Peter
Attachments
Wizard Tuning.zip
(451 Bytes) Downloaded 134 times