KISSlicer 1.6 Release is here! (UPDATED 2017-09-08)

pjr

Re: KISSlicer 1.6 Beta 4.3 is here! (UPDATED 2017-08-09)

Post by pjr »

BoriSpider wrote:I, too, have made that special 25mm no shell 1 perimeter cube to test KS with, tnx for the heads up on that.
I just DL'ed the new KS and went through the set up wizards w/o help from previous builds. Peter, I believe, said to try it this way so I am. I went through the PreloadVE to get my gcode for the oozing and noticed the "shake" button. Thank you for that since I have no speakers installed. I haven't run the code yet, tomorrow, so I might be jumping the gun here(hope not).
Yeah, I didn't even run the PreloadVE wizard. Default Preload value for PLA is 1, which I know is too high, so I just reduced it to 0.75 and getting excellent results.

Peter
walker

Post by walker »

Hi,
many thanks for new releases but is there the reason the linux version is not still available? I'd like to test it and help with bugs but I am using linux and the last version is beta2.4(and latest version is beta4.3)
BoriSpider

Post by BoriSpider »

Hi it's me again. The guy who is still a little in the dark on how to use the tuning wizards. So I select a parameter and then slice my model, print it and see where it prints the best. Then you put that height into "Best Z(mm)"? What do you put in "Tune_Value Z=0" and "...Z=Top"? The height of the model you are slicing using the tuning wizard?
Am I guessing correctly?
hacker

Post by hacker »

BoriSpider wrote:Hi it's me again. The guy who is still a little in the dark on how to use the tuning wizards. So I select a parameter and then slice my model, print it and see where it prints the best. Then you put that height into "Best Z(mm)"? What do you put in "Tune_Value Z=0" and "...Z=Top"? The height of the model you are slicing using the tuning wizard?
Am I guessing correctly?
Basically, you put the range of values you want to test. for 0 height and for the top of the module you put your min and max. Suppose, I want to test destring length from 0 to 5mm and I have a test model that is, 100mm high. So I put 0 for Z=0 and 5 for Z=top, print it and after seeing I get best results at 24mm height, I enter 24 into "Best Z" and get 2.4 that I then put into destring length.
BoriSpider

Post by BoriSpider »

hacker wrote:Basically, you put the range of values you want to test. for 0 height and for the top of the module you put your min and max. Suppose, I want to test destring length from 0 to 5mm and I have a test model that is, 100mm high. So I put 0 for Z=0 and 5 for Z=top, print it and after seeing I get best results at 24mm height, I enter 24 into "Best Z" and get 2.4 that I then put into destring length.
Tnx for the response hacker. When you say "...from 0 to 5mm" do you mean how far away the 2 model are from each other? Or is the 5mm the upper limit of the "Destring (mm)" setting it will test? So the "Top" box is for the upper range of the setting you want to tune? Am I getting it now?
hacker

Post by hacker »

BoriSpider wrote:
hacker wrote:Basically, you put the range of values you want to test. for 0 height and for the top of the module you put your min and max. Suppose, I want to test destring length from 0 to 5mm and I have a test model that is, 100mm high. So I put 0 for Z=0 and 5 for Z=top, print it and after seeing I get best results at 24mm height, I enter 24 into "Best Z" and get 2.4 that I then put into destring length.
Tnx for the response hacker. When you say "...from 0 to 5mm" do you mean how far away the 2 model are from each other? Or is the 5mm the upper limit of the "Destring (mm)" setting it will test? So the "Top" box is for the upper range of the setting you want to tune? Am I getting it now?
I'm talking about the destring length setting range. So, yes, 5mm is the upper limit, which will be reached at the top (100mm in my example).
BoriSpider

Post by BoriSpider »

Tnx hacker I might of got it now.

Now I'm having a problem with the PreloadVE wizard in 4.3 which I didn't have in 3.1. After the test(I think it was at the end) it tries to travel in the Z direction. Before running the test code I homed so it was at the top already. What am I doing wrong?

Oh could it be running the "post gcode"? just like it would after a print?
hacker

Post by hacker »

BoriSpider wrote:Tnx hacker I might of got it now.

Now I'm having a problem with the PreloadVE wizard in 4.3 which I didn't have in 3.1. After the test(I think it was at the end) it tries to travel in the Z direction. Before running the test code I homed so it was at the top already. What am I doing wrong?

Oh could it be running the "post gcode"? just like it would after a print?
I'm not sure wizard in 4.3 that wasn't in 3.1 you're talking about… The one in which you get from the material settings (button near preload), doesn't seem to have any movements along X/Y/Z axes. And it doesn't seem to have post code either… Maybe something with the way you feed it to printer?
BoriSpider

Post by BoriSpider »

The wizard I'm talking about is on the Material tab just above the destring box called PreloadVE. In other versions it did it's thing and that was it. In version beta4.3 after the test it travels in the Z+ direction and since my bot is already at the home position it just grinds away. I've gone through the wizard and run the code 2x.

This is at the end of the test gcode:
; Retract a tiny bit, quickly
G92 E0
G1 E-2 F2500
; Reset E again
G92 E0
; Cool the extruder
M104 S0
hacker

Post by hacker »

BoriSpider wrote:The wizard I'm talking about is on the Material tab just above the destring box called PreloadVE. In other versions it did it's thing and that was it. In version beta4.3 after the test it travels in the Z+ direction and since my bot is already at the home position it just grinds away. I've gone through the wizard and run the code 2x.

This is at the end of the test gcode:
; Retract a tiny bit, quickly
G92 E0
G1 E-2 F2500
; Reset E again
G92 E0
; Cool the extruder
M104 S0
The code you post doesn't seem to travel along z-axis? Neither the rest of the code it generates for me?