STL not visible after opening

evekites

STL not visible after opening

Post by evekites »

I've got a strange problem with Kisslicer. I don't know what triggered it, but it is very annoying. Kisslicer worked very nice up until now.

When I open an STL file, it shows in miniature in the right column (where you can change Count, Height, and angle), but nothing on the printbed. From that point scrolling the mouse wheel doesn't zoom anymore.

By the way this happens with all STL files, even with files that I've sliced a few days ago.

OSx 10.10.5

Kisslicer 1.10.14
CubeitNet.app 4.8
CubeitMod.po version unknown

I also tried the following:

Kisslicer 1.5 rc 1
CubeitNet.app 4.8
lonesock

Re: STL not visible after opening

Post by lonesock »

Could you please try this build?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3evahzu5gfel ... 5.zip?dl=1

I'm not sure what changed in the Mac world recently, but lots of people have started having issues. A friend of mine just loaned me a (much) newer machine, so hopefully I will be able to reproduce the problem soon.

What graphics chipset do you have? I'm wondering if either AMD or NVidia's latest drives completely dropped the OpenGL fixed-function pipeline under Mac.

thanks,
Jonathan
evekites

Post by evekites »

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your reply, but sorry this didn't work.

I created a separate application folder and copied my ini files and your Kisslicer.app.

I can start the app. I can zoom using the mouse scroll wheel. I can open an STL, see the miniature, but nothing on the printing bed. After loading an STL zoom doesn't work anymore.

As soon as I deselect the Show Settings box, part of the windows of Kisslicer is totaly distorted.

I'm using a iMac 21,5 inch mid 2010
Core i3 3.06
16 GB memory
ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MB

I can't remember that I've installed some updates in the last few days (lasting successful slicing was 2 days ago).
evekites

Post by evekites »

I just realized this is the wrong section for this subject. Is there a moderator who can move this thread to another section.

In Troubleshooting Konrad describes the same problem