New to kisslicer

chucker

New to kisslicer

Post by chucker »

I recently bought a Cubex trio. Quickly learned of the problems associated with the cartridges and chips.

I purchased kisslicer pro and downloaded cubeitmod and installed both according to directions that I could find.

I load simple (test articles) stl files into kisslicer, slice and save. I cannot get them to print. the only thing I have been able to print using kisslicer is the smalltestPLA extruder.bfbf ile.

In examining files using notepad I see tha the smalltest file starts with "^Firmware:V1.07". Other files that I save in Kisslicer to not have this in the file. When I try to print cubex gives me and error message "unable to print file".

If I add the firmware 1.07 statement it then gives and error message "error on line 19" or some other line number (depending on the file). the line number stated is the first line of the g-code.

What am I doing wrong. I believe I am following all directs for installing and setting up, but I cannot get the machine to print a file produced by kisslicer/cubeitmod.

Chucker
Giovanni V.

Re: New to kisslicer

Post by Giovanni V. »

chucker wrote:I recently bought a Cubex trio. Quickly learned of the problems associated with the cartridges and chips.

I purchased kisslicer pro and downloaded cubeitmod and installed both according to directions that I could find.

I load simple (test articles) stl files into kisslicer, slice and save. I cannot get them to print. the only thing I have been able to print using kisslicer is the smalltestPLA extruder.bfbf ile.

In examining files using notepad I see tha the smalltest file starts with "^Firmware:V1.07". Other files that I save in Kisslicer to not have this in the file. When I try to print cubex gives me and error message "unable to print file".

If I add the firmware 1.07 statement it then gives and error message "error on line 19" or some other line number (depending on the file). the line number stated is the first line of the g-code.

What am I doing wrong. I believe I am following all directs for installing and setting up, but I cannot get the machine to print a file produced by kisslicer/cubeitmod.

Chucker
Hi,
what are the versions of KS and Cubeitmod you're using ?
did you copy the ini files that are included with Cubeitmod into the KS folder ?
chucker

Post by chucker »

The ini files are there. Kisslicer is version 1.4.5.10, cubeit is version 4.91.

I am not sure I have erverything set up in kisslicer. The most recent directions I have seen is a tv presentation, and it goes thru the various inputs so quickly that it is difficult to follow. Written instructions would be much easier to follow.

thanks
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

chucker wrote:The ini files are there. Kisslicer is version 1.4.5.10, cubeit is version 4.91.

I am not sure I have erverything set up in kisslicer. The most recent directions I have seen is a tv presentation, and it goes thru the various inputs so quickly that it is difficult to follow. Written instructions would be much easier to follow.

thanks
Download here the last KS version 1.5 rc1

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3evahzu5gfel ... FeGZa?dl=0

Download here the last Cubeitmod version 6.05 :

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1238

decompress the zip file, then copy all the files into KS's folder, install the CubeitmodV6.po file as language file into KS and let me know if it works.
chucker

Post by chucker »

Giovanni:

I can't make it work. every thing I try, I put my bfb file on my flash drive. Install it on the printer, and hit print. the window shows "cannot print file".

I look at various files showing how to set up, and the window shown do not exactly match the windows that come up on this version of kisslicer.

I need to find a way to get around the cubex cartridges and the chips. The contacts for the chips are so unreliable that there are times when no cartridge shows contact. sometimes I have to insert in and out a dozen times before it show cartridge installed. I have one cartridge location that will no longer show cartridge installed with any of my existing cartridges.

HELP!

thanks
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

[quote="chucker"]Giovanni:

I can't make it work. every thing I try, I put my bfb file on my flash drive. Install it on the printer, and hit print. the window shows "cannot print file".

I look at various files showing how to set up, and the window shown do not exactly match the windows that come up on this version of kisslicer.

I need to find a way to get around the cubex cartridges and the chips. The contacts for the chips are so unreliable that there are times when no cartridge shows contact. sometimes I have to insert in and out a dozen times before it show cartridge installed. I have one cartridge location that will no longer show cartridge installed with any of my existing cartridges.

HELP!

thanks[/quote ]

post here the bfb , this will give me a good idea of what you're doing .
chucker

Post by chucker »

I get a message saying "extension bfb not allowed." Do I open it with notepad and copy as notepad or word document in order to attach?
chucker

Post by chucker »

Here it is as a zip file.
Attachments
finetune.zip
(20.16 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

chucker wrote:Here it is as a zip file.
OK, this file has not been processed by Cubeitmod, this file is just saved from KS.

The first reason is that you changed some parameters from the original ini files and now your speed is too high, but if Cubeitmod is correctly installed you should have an error message. Do you have an error message that says : "Speed Selection Error. ..." ?

If you don't have this message Cubeitmod is not working, check if the file Cubeitmod605.exe is into your KS folder. Is the file there ?
chucker

Post by chucker »

Yes it is there.

cubeitmod605.exe is also in the post-process line for printer firmware.

In the printer speed window some of the numbers seem quite high to me, but hey are the numbers that were there when I first opened
the program.

when I save after slicing an error message comes up that says "there is no G-code 'same ext warm' defined. ----=-

When I colose that box, a second box comes up that says "there is no G-code for same ext cool' ----

I close that box and get 2 more error message, the last one being the speed selection error.