CubeX fan duct

evekites

Re: CubeX fan duct

Post by evekites »

I'm still printing my first thing after installing the fan duct. A cool print bed, PLA and original Cubex glue.

First impression is positive. Another 5 hours to go, I'll need to keep my fingers crossed (while sleeping). I'll keep you posted.

When this gives a positive result, I'll try someting flat!
evekites

Post by evekites »

I finished my first prints with the fan duct attached and it looks like my objects do not warp as much as before. So this looks like a nice add on to my cubex.

I also added my photo's of my build (though not perfect) to the 'I've made one' section at Thingiverse.
rantzaus

Post by rantzaus »

Is it your experience that it does improve bridging?
I'm looking for a method to make better overhangs.
evekites

Post by evekites »

I haven't tried bridging specific yet. But my results have increased dramatically.

One of my major problems was with items with infill. It looked like the wall always curled up and the warm hotend pressed it down when printing the loops for the outside wall. It looked like these walls were warm and soft, so the warm hotend could push these down. At some point this caused my items to get loose from the printing bed.

This curl problem is gone.

I'll try bridging this weekend. There are nice testobjects for specific tasks, like bridging, overhang etc..
rantzaus

Post by rantzaus »

Hi

Thanks for your feedback.
I'm looking forward to hear how the fanduct works with overhangs.

I might print one for each of my cubes.
obelisk79

Post by obelisk79 »

I've printed the duct as well, however I've noticed that while using Kisslicer and Cubeitmod (latest versions) the fans never turn on. What am I doing wrong?
rantzaus

Post by rantzaus »

Somewhere there is a setting called: turn on fan above height x... Try change this height setting.