Infill

joestefano

Infill

Post by joestefano »

I don't want to use CubeX slicer but there are some things that it does that I like better than KS/Cubeitmod. Box1 is CubeX set at Med part density, Box2 is KS set at 25% infill. Is there a way of setting KS so that it will infill like CubeX? Stacked infill ? set at 1.0 now
I am also having a problem with side wall pitting with KS
I am up to date on versions.
Attachments
box2.jpg
box1.jpg
Giovanni V.

Re: Infill

Post by Giovanni V. »

joestefano wrote:I don't want to use CubeX slicer but there are some things that it does that I like better than KS/Cubeitmod. Box1 is CubeX set at Med part density, Box2 is KS set at 25% infill. Is there a way of setting KS so that it will infill like CubeX? Stacked infill ? set at 1.0 now
I am also having a problem with side wall pitting with KS
I am up to date on versions.
The Cubex infill is not good at all, KS crossed lines are much more stronger than unidirectional Cubex infill and putting the lines into one direction add constraint when the melted plastic cools, with KS crossed lines the constraint are broken and at the end you have less deformation.
Side wall pitting are probably caused by bad M227&228 settings.
joestefano

Post by joestefano »

That makes sense. I have followed all of the recommendations I can find including yours. what is the best way to find the right settings? do I reduce one and increase the other?
gastonfama

Post by gastonfama »

The best way is understanding how it works.

Giovanni ones write the following information that is very very usefull. Read it carefully understanding each word...
M227 P sets the length of filament that has to be sucked and primed, the M227 S sets the speed of the filament when is sucked or primed.
The lenght of filament that can be sucked or primed can be divided into 2 parts, one is done “dynamically” the other “statically”.
The M227 can be used without the M228, but if so it works only with a “dynamic” Suck and “Static” Prime.
The dynamic Suck can vary in function of the distance between the end of a loop and the beginning of the next loop.
Example : if you put M227 P400 S100, at the end of each loop the extruding head starts to move to next point and at the same time the Suck starts with the speed S100, if the distance is short, only one part of the P400 is done because the head reaches the new starting point before the whole length is done, if so the Suck and the X/Y axis stops and a “static” Prime is done to compensate the amount that has been sucked, is a “static” Prime because the head didn’t move X/Y while is done.
If the distance between the end of loop and the next starting point is big, the whole P400 sucking is done at S100 speed while X/Y moves, the final part of x/Y movement is done without Sucking because the whole P400 is done during the travel, when the head reaches the new starting point a whole P400 static Prime is done to compensate the suck.
The purpose of M228 is to create a “static” Suck at the end of loop and a “dynamic” Prime at the beginning of next loop, both are very interesting.
If you put
M227 P400 S100
M228 P80 S90
At the end of the loop a static Suck of S90 is done at speed S100, the full length is always done, then the head moves to next point and the “dynamic” Suck starts , his maximal length is (400-90) =310, but as is dynamic it depends on how many time the head takes to reach the next point.
When the head reaches the new point a static Prime starts but when the last part to be primed match the P80 then the head starts to move along the new loop while the P80 dynamic Prime is done.
joestefano

Post by joestefano »

Thank you for that, I may have to read it 10 times but it does help.
gastonfama

Post by gastonfama »

joestefano wrote:Thank you for that, I may have to read it 10 times but it does help.
I did that, maybe 20 times... jajaja
It is very important that you also see the exact moment that the extruder "fails" to do what it is supposed to do and knowing how it works you will be able to compensate with the 227 and 228.
Good luck.