What controls RPM??

joestefano

What controls RPM??

Post by joestefano »

I have noticed that when I print at the same speed as a cubex file the RPM for KS is half of the cubex file. what setting controls RPM? Also what setting determines how much filament is extruded during infill. My infill seems very thin, almost missing in some places.
Is there a guide as to what Cubeitmod is doing to alter a file?
Giovanni V.

Re: What controls RPM??

Post by Giovanni V. »

joestefano wrote:I have noticed that when I print at the same speed as a cubex file the RPM for KS is half of the cubex file. what setting controls RPM? Also what setting determines how much filament is extruded during infill. My infill seems very thin, almost missing in some places.
Is there a guide as to what Cubeitmod is doing to alter a file?
this is probably a settings problem, please post bfb & bak file.
joestefano

Post by joestefano »

Here are the bfb and bak files I also included a CubeX file of the same part that finishes with very clean sides. See my other post.
Thanks, Giovanni
Attachments
bfb and bak.zip
(194.5 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

joestefano wrote:Here are the bfb and bak files I also included a CubeX file of the same part that finishes with very clean sides. See my other post.
Thanks, Giovanni
M227&228 and temperature are the same in Cubex file, this is not the problem.

You set 1.75mm as diameter for Cubex filament on extruder 2, if you're using original Cubex filament the diameter is 1.7 ( this can cause the problem because the flow is to weak )

Your oversample resolution is only 0.1 you better chose a smaller resolution this is not related to your problem but you can improve precision choosing 0.03 or 0.05mm.

There's also a difference on how Cubex software see the stl, for the Cubex software the Cube has perfect corners and the perimeter is done by 4 straight lines, KS see the corners are not perfect and make small segments on corners ( this is also increased by low oversample resolution), CubeitMod reduces the RPM on those small segments.
I suggest you to make a first test by correcting the filament diameter, if you still have a problem on the perimeter you can disable the perimeter's small segment correction by setting into G-Code Prefix ; LoopSegAngle = 180.
But I dont think is a good idea to disable this function.
joestefano

Post by joestefano »

Giovanni, I am using MatterHackers PLA Pro. It measures 1.75. I will try your suggestions.
joestefano

Post by joestefano »

Giovanni, How can I increase the RPM's Is there a way of doing it without getting into cubeitmod?
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

joestefano wrote:Giovanni, How can I increase the RPM's Is there a way of doing it without getting into cubeitmod?
Flow tweaK.

What filament did you use to print the Cubex file?
joestefano

Post by joestefano »

Same filament Matterhackers PLA Pro
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

joestefano wrote:Same filament Matterhackers PLA Pro
As Cubex software is calibrated for 1.70mm Cubex filament if you use it with larger filaments you get higher extrusion flow.
If you want to get similar rate with Kisslicer just set the diameter to 1.70 into KS.

Did you change the Extruder voltage and did you put a heat sink on the driver chip?
joestefano

Post by joestefano »

I have not done that yet. I have 2 cubex-3d-printing@googlegroups.com a trio and duo. Other than this problem they print good. Do you see a real difference when you increased the voltage?