Any Ideas??? Bad seam?

joestefano

Any Ideas??? Bad seam?

Post by joestefano »

I printed this with the attached settings. One side came printed ok and the seam side did not. Any ideas? Material PLA Cubex thickness .2
Attachments
ini files.zip
(2.84 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
rook1.jpg
rook2.jpg
alil2096

Re: Any Ideas??? Bad seam?

Post by alil2096 »

The fas is on?
joestefano

Post by joestefano »

Yes, 100%
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

joestefano wrote:I printed this with the attached settings. One side came printed ok and the seam side did not. Any ideas? Material PLA Cubex thickness .2
It's strange, try with a lower temperature if it's better.
Post the stl file too.
joestefano

Post by joestefano »

STL file posted
Attachments
rook.zip
(99.61 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

joestefano wrote:STL file posted
Can you try to change this and print again :
- infill 50%
- remove the the setting "Loops go from inside to perimeter"
- set the main tempereature to 200°C

Another thing but not related to the problem, the flow tweak is very high, did you change the extruder's voltage?
joestefano

Post by joestefano »

No I didn't increase the voltage. What should the Flow Tweak be? I will try the changes you suggested as soon as I have time.
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

joestefano wrote:No I didn't increase the voltage. What should the Flow Tweak be? I will try the changes you suggested as soon as I have time.
Kisslicer and Cubeitmod are calculating the extrusion with a lot of precision, if you measured correctly the filament's diameter the flow tweak should be 1, small variations (tweaks) are possible like 1.01 0.98, but 1.1 means 10% more !!! this is too much.
If you need to push the the to flow tweak to 1.1 to have good results there are 2 possibilities :
1- your settings are not good : Filament's diameter, Extrusion width ...
2- the motor on the extruder has not enough torque and looses some steps resulting on a under extrusion that you compensate with the flow tweak. This is a well know problem on the Cubex, the solution is here :
Cubex Set Voltage.zip
(225.92 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
With 1.8V and Heat Sink you'll have much more consistent extrusion.
jaydie

Post by jaydie »

I am also trying this now, had tweaked my Cubex Duo to 1.62V. Do I really need a heat sink, I don't have a right size heat sink at the moment also I'm afraid that if I just use heat sink compound the heatsink might fall in the circuit after sometime of use (vibration might cause it to fall).
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

jaydie wrote:I am also trying this now, had tweaked my Cubex Duo to 1.62V. Do I really need a heat sink, I don't have a right size heat sink at the moment also I'm afraid that if I just use heat sink compound the heatsink might fall in the circuit after sometime of use (vibration might cause it to fall).
For my printer I've sawed the heat sink into a larger heat sink from an old PC graphic board.
You have to glue the heat sink using a thermal glue, I've used an epoxy thermal glue.
I strongly suggest to use the heat sink.