Avoid Crossing Outline For Travel Moves

inventabuild

Avoid Crossing Outline For Travel Moves

Post by inventabuild »

Hello Jonathan,

Please implement "Avoid Crossing Outline For Travel Moves". With a dual extruder, especially like the e3d Cyclops, it will be helpful to avoid drips and specks from the "2nd" extruder on the outer loops of the part.
drracer

Re: Avoid Crossing Outline For Travel Moves

Post by drracer »

I'd like to see this feature too, especially when printing from flexible material (which don't like retraction).
In this case Cura engine creates better paths than Kisslicer.
I'd use Cura for this print, but it removes tiny details, including the circular support structures I've created for the interior of the tyre.
Kisslicer does a much better job retaining object details, but it produces unnecessary travels across the tyre, which result in "hairy" surfaces (the flexible material cannot retract properly).
Cura slicer
Cura slicer
cura_s.jpg (56.33 KiB) Viewed 1949 times
Kisslicer 1.5 beta 3.6
Kisslicer 1.5 beta 3.6
ks15b36_s.jpg (58.69 KiB) Viewed 1949 times
Is there a way around this in Kisslicer now? I'd like to force the path generator to either keep the extruder inside the current slice's perimeter, or create an absolute minimal travel across several parts of the current slice.
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

This one is on the list for version 2.0. (I even have the A* library written, and a decent method of smoothing the resulting paths so you don't get a bunch of jerky segments.)

thanks,
Jonathan
drracer

Post by drracer »

I'd love to test that new path generator ;) .
Unfortunately, right now I have to stick to Cura engine just for the tyres, because it creates a much nicer surface. That also means 21 hours of printing, instead of just 13 :( .
Left KISSlicer, right Cura<br />same temperatures, same print speed
Left KISSlicer, right Cura
same temperatures, same print speed
Details please see: http://www.drracer.eu/t130/20151220_Pne ... .html#a008
(there is a google-translate combo in the page to translate into your language)