New Version CubeItModV6.05

Giovanni V.

Re: New Version CubeItModV6.05

Post by Giovanni V. »

kgestring wrote:I am using 1.5 beta 3.7 to get a Mac version along with 6.05. Being a newbee to kisslicer I would request a abs material file so I can start modifying it for my material>. The only material that shows up in this version is your pla

Thanks
Hi, here you can find more settings, but they are for my setup, Cubstomeone hot end, 0.4 noozle, increased voltage for the extruder ( 1.8V ) and heated bed.
Settings.zip
(2.8 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
rbien1

Post by rbien1 »

Here is a picture of the issue.
Infill was 20%.
SAM_5952.JPG
rbien1

Post by rbien1 »

Here are my ini files.
Still trying to figure out how to use the excel sheet and what to tweak to fix the infill and solid extrusion.
thank you for any help.
RB_ini files.zip
(2.07 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

rbien1 wrote:Here are my ini files.
Still trying to figure out how to use the excel sheet and what to tweak to fix the infill and solid extrusion.
thank you for any help.
RB_ini files.zip
You're using a low infill ( 20%) and with a 0.5 skin and 0.25 layer thickness you only have 2 layers of solid to fill the holes of the infill that's not enough.

Assuming you've setup correctly the printer and you have correctly calibrated the parameters ( but I've some doubts because there are some strange values : width 0.65, diameter 1.7 for a non 3Dsystems filament, flow tweak 1.1, ...), try to print with infill 33%, 2 loops, skin thickness 1mm.
rbien1

Post by rbien1 »

Thank you for the quick reply and suggestions.
I printed again with your recommended settings.
The infill and sparse infill was still very spotty/inconsistent, but the top closed up ok now.
But now the beginning of each layer is messed up again.
I am using CubeX PLA filament.
SAM_5956.JPG
rbien1

Post by rbien1 »

I am getting the perimeter dialed in.
The main leftover problem is the sparse infill and stacked sparse infill.
I slowed it down to 25mm/s but it still does not extrude enough. It is very spotty, stringy, hardly extrudes anything. Perimiter, loop and top seem to extrude ok.
How can I increase the infill's extrusion volume?

thank you,
Rick
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

rbien1 wrote:Thank you for the quick reply and suggestions.
I printed again with your recommended settings.
The infill and sparse infill was still very spotty/inconsistent, but the top closed up ok now.
But now the beginning of each layer is messed up again.
I am using CubeX PLA filament.

The lack of material after the seam is mainly a problem of M227 M228 settings, the problem on the infill is also caused by this setting but probably also by the low torque of the extruder.

First start with the extruder, follow the instructions into the document Motor.zip here :
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1262

Your extrusion width is very large, are you using the standard 0.5 3Dsystem's hot end ? if yes reduce the extrusion width to 0.5 or max 0.6 but dont go over 0.6.

You set a Max Speed very low, I've a Duo and 50 is OK, if you have a Trio you probably need to go to 40-45 to be safe and if you have a single extruder you probably can push the speed up to 55-60.
Start with the settings :
M227P 0.15
M227S 0.04
M228P 0.01
M228S 0.02
Then you have to restart with a calibration, the flow tweak will probably go down closer to 1.00, if the diameter of filament is correctly measured and set into KS a flow tweak of 1.00 indicates the motor is not slipping.
rbien1

Post by rbien1 »

Hello Giovanni,
Thanks again for all your help. You are da man!
I am getting some good print results now. Wall thickness, Part dimension, clean perimeters and part top are all looking good.

The part infill is still somewhat bad. The picture is 20% infill. 25% or more looks a little better. The top of part covers the infill if infill is more than 25%, so the final part looks fine.

I am just wondering what makes the infill print so thin and spotty. Is there any tweak for the infill?

I am using Std printjet, CubeX PLA, motor current is upped with heat sink on driver chip,

(The part in the picture is a little warped because I pulled it off in the middle of the print with the bed still warm).

thank you
SAM_5957.JPG
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

rbien1 wrote: I am just wondering what makes the infill print so thin and spotty. Is there any tweak for the infill?]

Hi,
please post ini and bak file.
rbien1

Post by rbien1 »

Here is the bak and ini files.
Using KS 1.5_3.7 and CubeItModV6.05

thank you
bak_and_ini.zip
(11.77 KiB) Downloaded 176 times