Z Gap routine

joestefano

Z Gap routine

Post by joestefano »

Anybody know what might cause my Z gap routine to not look for the X mag sensor when returning to the home position after setting the gap?
From the home position, I initiate the Z Gap routine. Everything works fine until I save changes and the heads return home . The heads move in the X direction and don't stop, they crash into the motor. I have to hit the power button to stop them. All other routines that use that sensor (ie home,level ect) work as they should. Even at the beginning of the Z Gap routine the sensor works. I reinstalled the firmware with no change. I adjusted the sensor out without a change.
Miguel_FL

Re: Z Gap routine

Post by Miguel_FL »

I'd a similar trouble with the Z sensor, when I did a Z-gap, the first movements of the bed and X-Y was OK, I adjusted the Z-gap and when homing X-Y axis and the bed goes up again didn't stop, crashing with the fans.

The technicians of 3DS thought that the main board maybe must be replaced.

I did the follow:

- Checked the mag sensor. When you put near the sensor a magnet, the circuit must be closed (check in the two wires), and without magnet must be an open circuit.
- I reloaded the copy of the firmware, a copy that I had backup. FAILED
- I reloaded an ORIGINAL firmware, must introduce again the Activation Code and offsets and the printer works again.
3DS CubeX Duo
Kisslicer Pro user