Alpha Development

garis

Re: Alpha Development

Post by garis »

Great news. Any release notes? Even a brief list of notes would be a start.
Or are there just a lot of bug fixes and code tweaking?
pjr

Post by pjr »

I believe that 2.0.85 is primarily fault fixes.

Peter
harrygeier

Post by harrygeier »

I did a quick print with it yesterday and so far that was okay. On Win7/64

I will do more testing soon.
Beefi

Post by Beefi »

Yesterday I wanted to print some Testmodells. But the new Version has a bug in managing the materials and deleted much parameters in much materials...all in a nutshell, all my material-profiles crashed.
pjr

Post by pjr »

Beefi wrote:the new Version has a bug in managing the materials and deleted much parameters in much materials...all in a nutshell, all my material-profiles crashed.
Personally, I have not seen a problem with this. A bit more information would be good.

Thanks

Peter
Beefi

Post by Beefi »

Hi pjr,

I copied all my files and folders from version 1.6.3 to the new version 0.8.5.
All works good...I made test prints and so on...
Then I decided to delete some old materials, filaments that I don't use anymore.
Suddenly on some other materials I saw, that the parameters are completely resetted to these values:

Main Temp: 10
Layer 1 Temp: 10
Warm Temp: 10
Bed Temp: 0
Box Temp: 0

Flow Tweak: 1
Min: 1
Max: 1
Cool: 1

Fan Loops: 0
Inside: 0
Cool: 0

PreloadVE: 0
vP: 30

Diameter: 1.75

I hope, this helps to find the bug. I would be very happy to use the new version.
I'm already very happy with KISSlicer 1.6.3...it's absolutely perfect for me. The only Bug in 1.6.3 (and 0.8.5) that really bothers me, is the generation of incorrect/defective bottom layers on some oversample resolutions.
Some models needs a resolution of 0.1mm to work correctly...some need 0.07mm, and so on. This resolution problem is really really annoying.
If there would be a version 1.6.4 with bugfix of the resolution bug...then the alpha may take more time :D
pjr

Post by pjr »

Beefi wrote:I copied all my files and folders from version 1.6.3 to the new version 0.8.5...

Thanks for the info, which may explain why I didn't get the problem; I have been working through a large number of unreleased alphas, so a "gradual upgrade".

I will test out your findings.

Peter
pjr

Post by pjr »

Beefi wrote:The only Bug in 1.6.3 (and 0.8.5) that really bothers me, is the generation of incorrect/defective bottom layers on some oversample resolutions.
Some models needs a resolution of 0.1mm to work correctly...some need 0.07mm, and so on. This resolution problem is really really annoying.
If there would be a version 1.6.4 with bugfix of the resolution bug...then the alpha may take more time :D
Another issue I haven't come across :(
resolution can be an issue if the model is really jagged / spiky
Any chance you could upload a model which exhibits the problem, along with some G-code of that model?

Thanks

Peter
Beefi

Post by Beefi »

Hi Peter,

I attached a STL named "Gear.stl".
If you slice it with different resolutions, you see, what I mean.
You can see this problem in almost all STL's with overhangs...sometimes there are resolutions with good overhangs, but in the most cases this are low resolutions with ugly walls (too few lines).
Sometimes there is no resolution to solve the problem...and sometimes you have more different overhangs in one model where you need more different resolutions -> this is not possible :D
I prefer good resolutions (0.1 mm and shorter), but there is almost no chance for good overhangs. I think this is only a small bug with mathematic but with a huge effect which caused me to try other slicers from time to time.

I attached screenshots to show the problem. I already saw other people with screenshots of this problem in other thread...
Please scroll down in the pictures (or click in the pictures)...i placed some comments on it...
Here you don't see the bug...this is only for orientation of the layers in the model...
Here you don't see the bug...this is only for orientation of the layers in the model...
Here the bug is shown...
Here the bug is shown...
Gear_Comparison.png (69.07 KiB) Viewed 1457 times
Here is the popular BenchyBoat...
Here is the popular BenchyBoat...
Benchy-Boat_Overhangdefect.png (64.62 KiB) Viewed 1457 times
Gear-STL.zip
STL-File of the gear
(29.56 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
pjr

Post by pjr »

Beefi wrote:I attached a STL named "Gear.stl".
Thanks. This has been passed on and added to the fault list.

I think I recall someone else reporting this issue before, but I never got to the bottom of it :(

Peter