Object placement

rajnagar92

Object placement

Post by rajnagar92 »

I've run into an issue that I can't seem to find a solution to. I have a file were the origin of the object is defined such that the obvious surface to use on the build plate is not parallel with an axis (see attachment for example). In other slicers such as S3D, there is a command "Place surface on bed", where any selected polygon will be oriented flush to the build plate.

So I realize that ideally the object would be drawn in such a way as to avoid this issue, however that may not always be practical or even possible. In the example in my attachment, I didn't draw the part and I don't have the files to fix it.

Any suggestions?
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (47.63 KiB) Viewed 869 times
pjr

Re: Object placement

Post by pjr »

My thoughts would be to load the file in Cura (or even Tinkercad or MeshMixer), arrange it so the correct surface is on the bed, save it and print with KISS.

Peter
harrygeier

Post by harrygeier »

I agree, there is no such option in Kiss ..
But i must say, the problem is the design.. whoever did it..he did ( as a lot of others ) not do it correct. Any design should start from a orthogonal plane in 3D Space.
percar

Post by percar »

There is a method to rotate around an axis on the right hand side of the application
Where the preview of the part is there is a box with up and down arrow for the degrees of rotation
Its not easy but it can be done.