Help with post processor

Bubolz

Help with post processor

Post by Bubolz »

Folks!

I would like to add a post processor to enable the cooling fan only on; Perimeter Path and disable on all other path types (Loop Path, Crown Path, Solid Path , etc).
I know Kiss can do this through the Post-Process field in Printer / Firmware but the problem is that I'm not a programmer and I have no idea how to make it work.
Could someone please help me?

Thanks!

Paulo Bubolz
pjr

Re: Help with post processor

Post by pjr »

Hi Paulo

Do you have the post-processor which will change the fan settings?

If you do, then it's fairly straight forward. In the Post-Process entry field, type the following:

Code: Select all

"Post_Processor.exe" "<FILE>"
Obviously you need to replace "Post_Processor" with the file name of the program.

You may also need double quotes around the whole entry:

""Post_Processor.exe" "<FILE>""
If you don't have a post-processor, then you will need to write one (or find someone who is willing to write it for you) which takes the G-code file as its first and only argument.

Peter
Bubolz

Post by Bubolz »

Thanks Peter! For the quick response.

Unfortunately I do not have the post processor. I have to put it in the root folder of Kisslicer right?

I thought of a simple script that could add the M106 S255 command only to Perimeter Path.

Can the post-process be some kind of script that is not properly an executable file?

Do you know of any publication on the internet about the programming of post-processors for 3D printing?
pjr

Post by pjr »

The post-processor does not have to be in the KISS root folder; the path can also be supplied.

There are some users on the Prusa Research forums who have written simple scripts for post-processing, so it does not have to be a "full" program.

You would also have to add the M106 S0 after the perimeter path

You may be aware that I have written a complex post-processor for KISS; KISS does generate excellent G-code for post-processing.

Unfortunately, I can't do the scripts; too old to learn that stuff :( I will have a look to see if I can find something useful.

Peter
pjr

Post by pjr »

OK, I found something. There's a guy on Github (PaulMeyer) who has written a Python script to drop temperatures during a tool change: https://github.com/3Dabbler/mmu2_ram_co ... ool_ram.py

This is for the Prusa Mk3 + MMU2 and he uses Slic3r PE butHe may be able to help if you ask him nicely ;)

Peter
Bubolz

Post by Bubolz »

Thank you Peter!
pjr

Post by pjr »

Quick look at the G-code. Seems that you would need to search for the string:

Path'
if that line contains the word "Perimeter", you issue a fan on, otherwise you issue a fan off.

Peter