Zgap Bug Workaround

rajnagar92

Zgap Bug Workaround

Post by rajnagar92 »

It has already been posted to this form, but the Zgap between support and part layers currently is not working.

For those wanting to print with supports, here is the workaround I've found works:

1. Slice your part (with supports)
2. Using the "Zvalue" slider (main window, where you can view your part) find the Z height for the last layer of the support
3. Open the gcode file in a file editor
4. Search for lines near the Z height you found in step 2 (search for "z=<HEIGHT>")
5. When you know you're near the right lines in the gcode, search for the last "Support Interface Path" at that z height
6. Delete the commands under "Support Interface Path" down to where the next set of commands is given (the next set of commands will start with a comment regarding the path, feed, etc..)
7. Print!
pjr

Re: Zgap Bug Workaround

Post by pjr »

Z-gap is working; please see this post (second post in the topic): viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2305&p=6656#p6656

Peter
Khayrisill

Post by Khayrisill »

Hi peter,

I don't understand why do you keep saying that the Z-gap is working while many, including me, seem to say that the supports are difficult or impossible to remove in some cases.
in fact I do not understand the idea of ​​this limitation.

For the Raft interface or with other slicer you can freely choose a value what should be the case here.

Thanks
pjr

Post by pjr »

Z-gap is working as it is designed to work.

It has been reported as a design fault and will be addressed in a future release.

Currently, the Z-gap is calculated during the G-code "Save" and therefore with "adaptive" layer heights, support has to be placed above the previous layer G-code.

Peter