Support only outside

mokush

Support only outside

Post by mokush »

Hello All!
I just started using KISSlicer some days ago and after watching YT videos and some hrs of experimenting I could create better profiles for my printers than with so much work in other slicers.
I still have to learn a lot, but seems I've found my favourite slicer :)
The only thing so far I could not figure out (or just cannot find) if it's possible to tell the slicer not to build supports inside the model (only "touching buildplate").
I'd like to print a layer fan duct (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2850837), but KISSlicer always wants to fill the tubes with supports. Any solution for this?
Attachments
Képkivágás.PNG
Képkivágás.PNG (193.12 KiB) Viewed 1225 times
pjr

Re: Support only outside

Post by pjr »

Unfortunately, that is one of the features not yet available withing KISS.

I don't know whether Support Z-roof (only support up to this Z value) would help?

Sorry :(

Peter
mokush

Post by mokush »

Hello Peter!

Thank you. In this case it worked.
McNugget6750

Post by McNugget6750 »

I vote for this feature as not having it makes a lot of prints absolutely impossible.
I'm designing a channel into a structure to run a ziptie through it. Unfortunately, I need support above that channel which means my ziptie channel is full of support and there is no way to get it out...

Cheers,

Timo
pjr

Post by pjr »

McNugget6750 wrote:I vote for this feature as not having it makes a lot of prints absolutely impossible.
I'm designing a channel into a structure to run a ziptie through it. Unfortunately, I need support above that channel which means my ziptie channel is full of support and there is no way to get it out...

Cheers,

Timo

Yes, it's on the feature request list ;)

Peter