Wizards for gap and seam.

nuggetz

Wizards for gap and seam.

Post by nuggetz »

Would be nice if we could have a wizard for setting up and testing value ranges for things that make kiss unique like the gap seam and depth. I’m sure I can think of other wizard too but anything that might be meaningful to run thru a wizard would be awesome.
pjr

Re: Wizards for gap and seam.

Post by pjr »

+1*10^googolplex

You have no idea how many times I have asked for this.

Peter
garis

Post by garis »

As I'm just starting on my KISSlicer journey (and have watched Michael's videos), where could I start with gap and seam settings? Is there a recommended STL for testing these settings. However, presumably they are dependent on filament, and several other settings.
pjr

Post by pjr »

garis wrote:As I'm just starting on my KISSlicer journey (and have watched Michael's videos), where could I start with gap and seam settings? Is there a recommended STL for testing these settings. However, presumably they are dependent on filament, and several other settings.
I started with both at zero. Then I played around with the settings (one at a time) too see if I could get any improvement.

After slicing, you can look at the "Paths" view to see the differences.

Peter
bobstro

Post by bobstro »

pjr wrote:
garis wrote:[...] I started with both at zero. Then I played around with the settings (one at a time) too see if I could get any improvement.
May I ask what you wound up with? I'm all over the place, and always seem to wind up where I started. Having a target range to go with initially would definitely help.

So far, Seam Depth 0.1, Seam Gap 0.1 and Join-Loop set to Seam seems to be helping the most. I've got Loop-Order set to Perimeter-Last.

Has anyone got a link to pics with settings & results? Once I have a feel for what each setting changes, I'm sure this will get much easier.

Thanks!
pjr

Post by pjr »

I am currently running depth at 0.5 and gap 0.0.

But I am not currently printing anything important; just testing for some printer company at the moment ;) so my seams are not particularly well hidden.

We really do need a wizard for this.

Peter