KISSlicer V2.0 Alpha Fault Reports

pjr

KISSlicer V2.0 Alpha Fault Reports

Post by pjr »

Please post any fault/bug reports in this thread and I will combine them in this post.

Please include in your report the project file and (simple) model which exhibits the problem.

And please, check that the fault has not already been reported...

Many thanks for your help with this.

Peter

Reported so far:

When Cool-Purge is set to zero, the purge tower is only printed on layers containing a tool change.

Non-simple travel moves shows some moves as printing moves in Paths preview

Prime pillar sometimes positioned on model
hacker

Re: KISSlicer V2.0 Alpha Fault Reports

Post by hacker »

Also displaying travel moment as print moves in path preview? It doesn't seem to affect the "Simple" travel mode, so I can imagine this was added for debugging purposes, but probably needs to be amended to display as thinner lines at least?

P.S. What is (or will be) "3D Scan Profile"?
pjr

Post by pjr »

hacker wrote:Also displaying travel moment as print moves in path preview? It doesn't seem to affect the "Simple" travel mode, so I can imagine this was added for debugging purposes, but probably needs to be amended to display as thinner lines at least?
Sorry, I do have that on the "internal" list; didn't add it to this one. Apologies...
hacker wrote:P.S. What is (or will be) "3D Scan Profile"?
No idea. Where have you seen that???

Peter
hacker

Post by hacker »

No problem, just wanted to make sure it gets somewhere. And probably it would make sense to have it here so that it's not reported again.

The "3D Scan Profile" is the third item in the right-click menu on the model. Below "Add Dynamic Denisty Map(s) Images" and above "Revert to original height". (which makes me think that some uniformity in the case of menu items would make the menu prettier:)).
hacker

Post by hacker »

Sometimes this happens:
oops.png
oops.png (64.25 KiB) Viewed 4503 times
Project and stuff attached. I'm not sure how reliably it is reproducible, sometimes I just change some minor bit and it places things better.

At any rate it's nice to see how gracefully it handles this placement ;-)
Attachments
testholes.zip
(33.05 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
hacker

Post by hacker »

Not sure if it's a bug or I'm getting something wrong. I thought "open base" makes vase bottomless, am I wrong to think so? Because if I'm wrong, I think I need some explanation what it means and if I'm right I think it either doesn't work or doesn't always work :)
hacker

Post by hacker »

1. It seems like when printing raft and purge octagon the first layer of purge octagon isn't printed and so it doesn't stick well to the build plate.

2. Maybe it would make sense to stop printing the purge octagon after the last filament change? (though I'm sure it's on the "internal list" already).
pjr

Post by pjr »

hacker wrote:2. Maybe it would make sense to stop printing the purge octagon after the last filament change? (though I'm sure it's on the "internal list" already).
Yes, that's on the list; it's there for the final unload, but there are other methods.

Peter
hacker

Post by hacker »

"reload from file" seems to misplace the model, just offset it a bit (not sure if it's consistent, but it's just been offset by approx 20-30mm towards the front).
pjr

Post by pjr »

hacker wrote:"reload from file" seems to misplace the model, just offset it a bit (not sure if it's consistent, but it's just been offset by approx 20-30mm towards the front).
Thanks. Added to Jonathan's list.

Peter