KISSlicer 2.0 Alpha Feature Requests

BMMal

Re: KISSlicer 2.0 Alpha Feature Requests

Post by BMMal »

funBart wrote:Maybe I missed some, but:
-too much gcode tabs for printers
-unclear and not explained tokens for the gcode tabs. They are now only for the happy nerdy few. Maybe they are handy, but not without a good explanation.
-that said: all unclear and unexplained features are nice for the nerdy developer himself, but if unclear for the average user, why bother? KS shouldn't depend of nice people as Davide and Michael!...
Removing any of the Gcode tabs and/or tokens would greatly reduce the efficacy of having all kinds of automated settings for retracts, tool changes, materials, etc be able to be implemented and make multi extruder printing more difficult. I agree that some better tutorials on how to use these would make them more useful for more people. This would be detrimental to the environment I have made for myself when using Kisslicer. Admittedly, I don't have a whole lot in any of them but I do use several to change specific M settings and also trigger routines/macros in my firmware (RepRap FW on DuetWiFi). I do use several of the tabs along with FW retract and FW based scripts fairly extensively: https://www.duet3d.com/forum/thread.php?id=3121#p28273

I also wanted to note that my request to have the Destring triggers applied to G10 and G11 was not added to the list. As it is right now (when G10/1 is selected in the "Mark Path Start/Stop" dropdown), every travel movement gets a G10 and G11 (retract and unretract) even if the travel distance is tiny (which is not ideal). I want an option in the "Mark Path Start/Stop" dropdown of the "Firmware" tab to apply the "Destring" triggers (Min Jump and Trigger) to filter out unnecessary G10/G11 retracts. Could also be applied to the M101 and M103 option as well. When this option is checked, rather than writing the usual "Destring/Prime" section of the Gcode a G10 or G11 is written instead and G10 and G11 are not written at every extruder start/stop then (only the ones with significant travel following). Does that make sense? This would greatly help improve my printing efficiency and reduce the likely hood of flattening out filament or stripping it due to retracting and unretracting over the same section too many times.

One thing that I do like about Sli3r and would like to see changed here is the interface that allows you to change settings on a per mesh basis. I know we now have the option to "Lock Paths" but this is fairly limited in terms of how using different settings for different regions of the same part. It is also a bit clunky and requires a specific order of operations if you want to tweak a model that you sliced in the middle of two others. Having a menu of settings that are available to change for a mesh and then generating a list of the ones you have changed similar to Slic3r would be preferred I think. I did try using Simplify3D for some time but there were many things about it that did not jive well IMO and the multiple process approach felt like a bit too much.

I would happily pay a fee for the new version to support development and documentation/tutorials. I love this slicer and can't wait to see it grow further and more refined.
mjwt

Post by mjwt »

I have a problem with support.
Transition between main and interface is uneven, also number of interface layers is too small to get stable surface of support (mostly when supporting big flat surface)
May be a good idea to put a box with number of interface layer (or thickness)

side view
alpha2.png
alpha2.png (28.63 KiB) Viewed 4648 times
alpha.png
alpha.png (84.64 KiB) Viewed 4648 times
beta 310.png
older version
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

Please add a Wipe Wizard

Does anyone know the ETA of the next Alpha? I see some Pre-Alpha's in the Dropbox, but not sure what that's all about.
hacker

Post by hacker »

inventabuild wrote:Please add a Wipe Wizard

Does anyone know the ETA of the next Alpha? I see some Pre-Alpha's in the Dropbox, but not sure what that's all about.
Oh, only now I've learned there *is* an alpha… Which is pretty much nonexistent to me, because with all due and undue respect to kisslicer and Jonathan I'd rather avoid having to fire up windows VM only for slicing…
dagn

Post by dagn »

Hello.
I did not find a place to create a post for errors.

Made a model of a bow for a gift.

And suddenly it turned out that there are errors in the grid.

KISSlicer detects them and the program crashes.

Screen - http://prntscr.com/hug5sr

This happens if I have a different interface language, and if I go back to English, it works again.

I checked on all versions that I had and those that are available for downloading. 1.4.5.10. - works adequately.

The next version in my archive was _1.5beta3.8. and in it already there is a problem with the departure of the program.

On all available versions above _1.5beta3.8 the program flies.

If possible, correct this incident!
layerone

Post by layerone »

Save custom Color Scheme as a Preset! Yay for colors!
Jani

Post by Jani »

I'd like to see KS be more KISS, at least on the GUI side. The user interface is getting a "bit" bloated and some new stuff is getting lost in process. For example the adaptive (?) layer stuff which is hidden nicely in plain sight. It would have been obvious otherwise but when it just says "Layer Thickness" it's not that obvious, nor does the popup help text say anything about it. Why doesn't it have simply "min" and "max" boxes and a checkbox to enable that adaptive thing which when checked would enable the max box and others. If unchecked all those other cryptic boxes are disabled and only one layer height box is available.

Also, it would be quite good idea to setup some kind of bug reporting tool where to report and manage all these feature requests and bugs. Some random forum with duplicate reports all over the place is not quite that IMO. :)

Bug report (which propably is reported elsewhere): Infill percentage via manual input instead of slider does not show up top of the slider which stays at 50% even if I type 70% manually (same in the summary view). In the generated gcode file it does say 70 so I guess this is only cosmetic issue.
hacker

Post by hacker »

Speaking of GUI side… Or quite the opposite. I'd love to see 2.0 with better command line control. Basically, I haven't played a lot with its command line because of the main obstacle — specifying profiles by number without well defined order (or even with, I think it's lexicographical). An ability to specify using (sub)string of the profile name would improve things tremendously.
layerone

Post by layerone »

Gyroidal infill.

I'm guessing it will take a long time to slice and be memory intensive but it should be really good for parts under compression stress.
drracer

Post by drracer »

I'd like to say, that I don't require/expect the following features to be implemented in KS 2.0:
a) Vary flow gain by path type
b) Support and infill every n layers with flow gain

Please keep them on the to-do list only if others find them useful.

Reason: I've implemented that myself as a postprocessing tool (which also fixes a bunch of other Felix 3.1 "defective-by-design" features).