Cura Tweak At Z For KISSlicer?

inventabuild

Cura Tweak At Z For KISSlicer?

Post by inventabuild »

Does anyone have a plugin or post processor that will give KISSlicer the ability to change all the Material Settings, for example Flow Rate, along with other settings like Print Speed either by layer number or height? For example here is Cura's plug in called Tweak At Z that can change Flow Rate and Print Speed along with a bunch of other settings, although I'd like to see the ability to change all the settings, not just the ones listed here. Note you can create more than one Tweak At Z. Two are shown in the pic.
CuraTweakAtZ.JPG
CuraTweakAtZ.JPG (46.65 KiB) Viewed 2057 times
I know KISSlicer has the [*] N Layers field, but it looks like it is missing a lot of the settings options, for example Flow Rate and Print Speed, and it only allows for one change of settings values, namely at layer N.
pjr

Re: Cura Tweak At Z For KISSlicer?

Post by pjr »

Hi.

I had a brief chat with Jonathan yesterday about the possibility of adding a facility for post-processing the G-Code with a variety of different programs.

It seems that if someone were to write an external post-processor that could do what you need, then you would have exactly what you require.

Is there any chance you could list all the tweaks that you may require?

Thanks

Peter
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

Hi Peter,

Cool,

1. I'd like to add changing the number of Loops. Here's why, I like to have about 3 Loops for my perimeters except on the few layers where I'm printing text. It seems KISSlicer is better able to consistently fill in text letters when the number of loops = 1 so that will be my default go-to value for printing text layers

Pic 1 Number of Loops = 1 - Nice Text Fill
1Loops.JPG
1Loops.JPG (82.32 KiB) Viewed 2019 times
Whereas when the number of loops > 1 I can get poor results sometimes.

Pic 2 Number of Loops = 2 - Poor Text Fill Letter's S and P
2Loops.JPG
2Loops.JPG (73.68 KiB) Viewed 2019 times
1. Trigger by height or layer number
2. Keep value or only for a single layer
3. No. Layers to fully implement the tweak (the implementation could be done in evenly divided steps over a number of layers)
4. Travel speed
5. Print speed (either enter a % value or have a slider the way Jonathan does it the Style tab)
6. Flow Tweak
7. Bed

I'll try to think back over other projects I've done to see if any other tweaks would have been helpful.

Thank you very much,

Mitch
pjr

Post by pjr »

Yeah, the list looks OK, but there's no way of changing the number of perimeters within a post-processor - that really is a slicer function.

Peter