NEWBIE question

Giovanni V.

Re: NEWBIE question

Post by Giovanni V. »

jonhorrocks wrote:That helped a little. Do you think I should lower temp from 195?

Load the frog into KS, slice then click on "Paths" on the top of KS's window, rise the cursor on the right until you reach the layers where you have the problem.
Does the path on those layers look good ? What kind of path is involved into this area ( Solid or Perimeter)? Does the Infill path under these paths look good ?

If the problem is temperature ( but I don't think so because the top of the eyes looks good) the Pillar is much more better than Min Layer [s].
jonhorrocks

Post by jonhorrocks »

Here it is. I had to paint the frog because I am using Natural PLA should have ordered white... Look at his nose and above the eyes.

jonhorrocks

Post by jonhorrocks »

By the way thank you guys!!

How can I tell what color is what type of path

gastonfama

Post by gastonfama »

Go to HELP - SHOW PATH COLOR KEYS
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

OK, the area involved is Solid.
As you have "Skin Thickness" = 0.18 and Layer thickness = 0.09 this means you have only 2 layers of solid after the infill and this is not enough to fill the Infill holes.
Set Layer Thickness = 0.45 this will make 5 layers of Solid.
jonhorrocks

Post by jonhorrocks »

going to .45 almost made it go away. I may try 1 more layer. Am I slicing at too small of a layer?
gastonfama

Post by gastonfama »

Perhaps yes.
I don't know if anybody usually prints in 0.1. My usual slice is in 0.2 and 0.4.
rantzaus

Post by rantzaus »

Try 0.21 or 0.18.. Thiese layer heights fit the Cube better, do to stepper rotation.
I normally slice in 0.21 or 0.12..
jonhorrocks

Post by jonhorrocks »

Thank you everyone for the help I am getting very close to what I am looking for. What settings will change the seem? I am noticing my seem sticks out a little more than before.

Thank you
rantzaus

Post by rantzaus »

I might not be the right one for that question. But I would tweak the gap a little. If the gap is to small, you might purge the material to much together. So, try make the gap a bit bigger.