Cubex duo

sneedr

Cubex duo

Post by sneedr »

Hi I am new with this so let me try and explain I loaded all the stuff I needed I think to make it run that is slice sand save but my printer will not run a bfb file. So how do I get the build file to work with my Cubex Duo. Sorry I am rather ne w at this. I am not sure if I should then run it in my Cubex Program or do I need to do something else like rename it or something.. I am in need of some more help. I moved to this because I got tired of the run around by the company. I came up with different ways to thread my filamnet. instead of the way they had it. I don't like the temps they use and they said I could not change it. That is why I am using this program. The ABS temp is 275C which I don't think I should be seeing smoke roll off of the ABS after is has been laid. the plastic runs at 215. So could anyone please help?
sneedr

Re: Cubex duo

Post by sneedr »

I have no idea but now it is printing the file. This printer is so strange. I still have curling of corners. I put about 65 layers of glue down any suggestions would be help full. It only happens on big projects not small ones.
garlandpool

Post by garlandpool »

Hi, I'm using a Cubex Duo also. I inherited it from a teacher at my school who retired. Man, I sure wish he hadn't bought from this company. It sucks bad. There are all kinds of problems I've had to deal with. I have a printer cartridge installed, but I'm not even using the spool in it. I got tired of having the filament break off inside the clear tubing, so I'm just feeding off an opened spool that I have mounted on a ring stand next to the printer. So, the filament is just rolling off the spool and feeding in through the top without going through the clear tube. This seems to be working, but all of the sudden the chip on my last cartridge is telling the printer that there is no more filament. So, that leads me to finally discover that KISSlicer might be my last hope of overcoming the attempted extortion of this company.

My problem is I'm trying to use KISSlicer program to overcome the chip they have installed to force their customers to pay through the nose for filament. THANKS A LOT CUBEX!!! What should cost about $14 will cost you $99 when you buy it from them. Can you believe that?!? So, when I open the KISSlicer program, I can't find any printers in the little list they show. The only thing listed is "sample printer." Does anyone know how to get my printer to show up there?

Thanks,
Fred
gastonfama

Post by gastonfama »

garlandpool wrote:Hi, I'm using a Cubex Duo also. I inherited it from a teacher at my school who retired. Man, I sure wish he hadn't bought from this company. It sucks bad. There are all kinds of problems I've had to deal with. I have a printer cartridge installed, but I'm not even using the spool in it. I got tired of having the filament break off inside the clear tubing, so I'm just feeding off an opened spool that I have mounted on a ring stand next to the printer. So, the filament is just rolling off the spool and feeding in through the top without going through the clear tube. This seems to be working, but all of the sudden the chip on my last cartridge is telling the printer that there is no more filament. So, that leads me to finally discover that KISSlicer might be my last hope of overcoming the attempted extortion of this company.

My problem is I'm trying to use KISSlicer program to overcome the chip they have installed to force their customers to pay through the nose for filament. THANKS A LOT CUBEX!!! What should cost about $14 will cost you $99 when you buy it from them. Can you believe that?!? So, when I open the KISSlicer program, I can't find any printers in the little list they show. The only thing listed is "sample printer." Does anyone know how to get my printer to show up there?

Thanks,
Fred
Hello Fred, I am sorry to inform you that the great work that Giovanni did with cubeitmod and the people of Kisslicer is not as plug and play as you would like...

Basically you would need is...

1) Latest kisslicer from here
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3evahzu5gfel ... FeGZa?dl=0

2) Latest cubeitmod from here
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1238

3) Put all together in the same folder.

4) Install the custom lenguaje file that came with the cubeitmod into kisslicer.

5) Take some of the examples and start modifying to make a good profile for your particular printer / filament.

6) Repeat step 5 like forever, (because you never finish improving)

7) Ask the forum if something goes wrong in the step 6.

Hope this is a good start.
Let me know any doubt.

PS: Do not take it in the wrong way, I am not trying to be rude, just trying to let you know that is not as easy as the Cubex propietary software. Here you have much more customization to do.
sneedr

Post by sneedr »

There are several people who have devised a device to replace the catridge. Some have just cut off the end and put it in put there is one and I can't remember who but they made a electric device to replace the cartidge.