Cubex filament flow error - With external filament...

MOS

Re: Cubex filament flow error - With external filament...

Post by MOS »

I have a Cubex trio with the same problems filament flow error on all three heads. The error always occurs in the same place on every file no matter what head I am using. The error also shows up on all heads in the Pj con mode even when I manually set the temp and speed. The error occurs with all temps and speeds. Could this be the print ad breakout board?
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

MOS wrote:I have a Cubex trio with the same problems filament flow error on all three heads. The error always occurs in the same place on every file no matter what head I am using. The error also shows up on all heads in the Pj con mode even when I manually set the temp and speed. The error occurs with all temps and speeds. Could this be the print ad breakout board?
Into the PJ Con menu do you see the symbols / and \ changing position while extruding ?
If you don't see them the system is not detecting the rotation of the black/white disk on the extruder.
CJWubex

Post by CJWubex »

I had a similar problem recently, which was related to the fact that I had misunderstood how to connect the optical Z-limit sensor I bought. In the end I had only this sensor and nothing else connected to the main board connection labelled "HEAD". If I then tried to print something I had printed before, it would always give me a 'filament flow error' at exactly the same point in the print, and even though the filament was flowing fine.

Once I corrected my error - which means that I connected all the other cables that are normally on the HEAD connection - the printer started working correctly again.

Maybe this gives you a hint where the problem could be?
MOS wrote:I have a Cubex trio with the same problems filament flow error on all three heads. The error always occurs in the same place on every file no matter what head I am using. The error also shows up on all heads in the Pj con mode even when I manually set the temp and speed. The error occurs with all temps and speeds. Could this be the print ad breakout board?
Doron

Post by Doron »

Problem solved!!
Turns out was a software issue on the printjet breakout board. 3D Systems sent me a replacement and all is working again....

Thanks for the help from all!!