Kisslicer on CubePro, how?

rantzaus

Kisslicer on CubePro, how?

Post by rantzaus »

Hi

Is it possible to use kisslicer on the CubePro?
Cubeitmod only makes the files compatible for mig CubeX... But what to do with Pro?
Giovanni V.

Re: Kisslicer on CubePro, how?

Post by Giovanni V. »

Yes it's possible and you can use CubeItMod.
But the CubePro can't read the bfb and requires some different settings, before printing you have to edit the bfb file created by CubeItmod and change some lines into the header and footer of the file then encode the file to cubepro format using the Codex software.
I don^t know if someone has found if it's possible to remove the cartridge system because the hack of the Cubex doesn't work on the CubePro.
I don't know if the print quality is good because even if the mechanical parts are the same the firmware of the CubePro is different and if 3Dsystems has improved the control of the accelerations this may produce bad results as CubeItMod will correct something that has not to be changed.
If you are a Cubex user and are planning to buy another printer DONT BUY A CUBEPRO !!! You can find better, faster, easier, and more open printers on the market.
rantzaus

Post by rantzaus »

Hi Giovanni

At work de own a cubeX. We wanted one more , but since the x is outdated they are not produced anymore. Therefore my boss bought an CubePro since its the newer and uodated version.

So status right now:
1 CubeX using Kiss. Very god results and very happy.
1 CubePro using stock slicer. Not that good results. The reseller told med that 3Dsystems are releasing some new software for the Pro in week 2 or 3. Hopefully the slicer tool is better.

I am looking forward for a solution for the Pro as well.
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

I think the 2 good choices would be :
1- buy another Cubex, you can find some on Ebay new and used. The positive point here is that you have the same settings and you don't waste time one set 2 different printers, the negative point is that the Cubex is a Cubex.
2- buy a better printer, faster and easier to set up. The negative point here is that you have to find other set up for your prints.

Buying a CubePro will only cumulate the negative point of the 2 previous choices, you have a printer that has all the problems of the Cubex, because it has the same mechanical parts, you add the problems of the CubePro firmware that locks the printer more than the Cubex firmware and as is not the same printer you'll have different settings between the 2.
rantzaus wrote:Hi Giovanni

At work de own a cubeX. We wanted one more , but since the x is outdated they are not produced anymore. Therefore my boss bought an CubePro since its the newer and uodated version.

So status right now:
1 CubeX using Kiss. Very god results and very happy.
1 CubePro using stock slicer. Not that good results. The reseller told med that 3Dsystems are releasing some new software for the Pro in week 2 or 3. Hopefully the slicer tool is better.

I am looking forward for a solution for the Pro as well.
rantzaus

Post by rantzaus »

Hei

Thanks for the heads up..
I have just purchased another cubex duo on eBay. Now we own 2 cubex and a single cube pro, since we want to explorer the rinse away support material for the pro.

This is also my last investment in any of the cube's. The next printer is a Zortrax m200, which seams very promising and easy going.
MolhoPirata

Post by MolhoPirata »

how do you expect to use INF Rinse-away with a CubePro single, you would need a CubePro Duo to so you can print in PLA and in INF.

Every CubePro update until now was very good (software and firmware wise), this is why i stopped using KISSlicer, Cubepro is doing everything I want with extreme quality, I had problems with the printer last year, but now everything i printed was like I wanted to
rantzaus

Post by rantzaus »

MolhoPirata wrote:how do you expect to use INF Rinse-away with a CubePro single, you would need a CubePro Duo to so you can print in PLA and in INF.

Every CubePro update until now was very good (software and firmware wise), this is why i stopped using KISSlicer, Cubepro is doing everything I want with extreme quality, I had problems with the printer last year, but now everything i printed was like I wanted to
Hey

Its a cubePro duo we have. I only ment that we've got one CubePro and two CubeX duo printers.