Off the shelf filament and cubex duo

boxsterjohn

Off the shelf filament and cubex duo

Post by boxsterjohn »

I owned my cubex duo for over two years and been using kisslicer just as long. The reason I wanted to use kisslicer is so that I can use off the shelf/bulk filament. I was never successful. I tried different brands of filament. Some will bind and not print at all while others will print for awhile and then start binding. I know from looking through the forums that the cubex does not like filament when its diameter gets around 1.75 to 1.80. Can someone tell me where the issue resides at? Is the filament too large for the hot end/tip or is it the filament feeding mechanism? The reason I want to know is that I want to try to modify my cubex duo to except the off the shelf/bulk filament.

Thanks
Giovanni V.

Re: Off the shelf filament and cubex duo

Post by Giovanni V. »

Hi,
the 2 main problems are :
- the extruder has a fixed pitch between the motor pulley and the friction roller and if you try to pass a filament that is larger than 1.7mm the filament is crushed.
If the filament is just 1.75 mm the effort required is not so big but for larger filaments the plastic deformation requires more torque
- the description of the second problem and the solution are into the attached document ( this is a paragraph of a guide that I'm writing to help people print with Kisslier&CubeItMod)
Attachments
Motor.pdf
(233.4 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
rantzaus

Post by rantzaus »

Hi

Aint stock filament from 3Dsystems 1.75mm in diameter?
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

rantzaus wrote:Hi

Aint stock filament from 3Dsystems 1.75mm in diameter?
Standard filament is 1.75 but 3Dsystems's filament is 1.70mm